Default my new Pearl VBX kit and Zildjians

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

User Info Menu

Default Re: my new Pearl VBX kit and Zildjians

nice man
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

Looks great
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Those cymbals are pure hotness...
    jimbolimbo99 Mapex Mafia

Mapex M Birch
    Sabian AA and Paragons
    Zildjian A's
    Meinl Generation X
    Dream Lion
    Trick Pro-1V

My band

My Kit

User Info Menu

nice setup

User Info Menu

cool man, i believe you are the first vision player here. i have played a couple vision kits and am impressed with the sound. an improvement over the exports for sure. the only downside ive seen is the thin hoops used to save costs. i am looking forward to hearing the new all maple and all birch visions that were announced at namm this year.

User Info Menu

That ride gives me a warm feeling in my tummy.
    jimbolimbo99 Mapex Mafia

Mapex M Birch
    Sabian AA and Paragons
    Zildjian A's
    Meinl Generation X
    Dream Lion
    Trick Pro-1V

My band

My Kit

HBdrummer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain View Post
    cool man, i believe you are the first vision player here. i have played a couple vision kits and am impressed with the sound. an improvement over the exports for sure. the only downside ive seen is the thin hoops used to save costs. i am looking forward to hearing the new all maple and all birch visions that were announced at namm this year.
    There they are bro! The VBX all birch shells! Just got these like 2 weeks after they were released! The color is concord fade. The toms(rack) are 6ply birch and the floor and kick drum are 8 ply! They pretty much SMOKE the competition! True that the hoops are a cost cutting measure, but 100% birch shells..flawless build.. Total birch experience for under 1k!?! I just had to show this stuff off..oh yeah..I got a set of these today!.....
    [IMG][/IMG]

HBdrummer Guest

Sorry..where are my manners..I'm new to this forum..have been playing drums for 32years and I love this place!!!!! Thanks for letting me show off my new gear!

User Info Menu

HBdrummer, that is a beautiful kit, and I love the cymbal set up! With the rack toms split up by suspending them on the stands, how is the flow? I suppose it would have more of a Bonham kit feel as you play it.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Niiiiice dude
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

HOLA como estas HBDRUMMER *CREATIVE ARTISTIC ARTIST DRUMMER(CAT) VERY COOL & SMOOTH *

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HBdrummer View Post
    There they are bro! The VBX all birch shells! Just got these like 2 weeks after they were released! The color is concord fade. The toms(rack) are 6ply birch and the floor and kick drum are 8 ply! They pretty much SMOKE the competition! True that the hoops are a cost cutting measure, but 100% birch shells..flawless build.. Total birch experience for under 1k!?! I just had to show this stuff off..oh yeah..I got a set of these today!.....
    [IMG][/IMG]
    ah, i see. i guess i miss the B in vbx. i am really wanting to line up all the great kits in this intermediate price range and give em the ol' pepsi challenge. i am really glad pearl is evening up with the competition. exports were always good build quallity, but pearl had really fallen behind gretsch and mapex for a couple years.

User Info Menu

Very nice kit. Color is real nice. Bet your cats love that setup!
    Pditty

Shazane Guest

Amazing, I love it. Pearl and Zildjian, winning combination.

How are those K Custon Hybrid hihats? I've been interested in the Hybrids for awhile.

HBdrummer Guest

Hey PB and all the rest a you guys! Thanks for all the kind words!
    The set up you see in the pic is in the process of being changed to a 2 up 1 down offset. Now that I have pretty much all my highend cymbals..I'm gonna work on upgrading the mounting system on the toms to optis and change out the 1.6mm rims to 2.3mm superhoops. I just put all new Aquarians on 'em and took 'em out on a gig. The K hybrid hats are really the best sounding hats I have ever had the privelage to own! I am looking at a 11" Hybrid splash and an 18" oriental "trash" china to complete my dream cymbal set up!

User Info Menu

Wow...the A custom is shining brightly...Cool Stuff you got mate....
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

How do the Vision maple shells sound? I like that they aren't too expensive and I'm finally hearing some good things about them. Would you compare them to the Gretsch birch and maple products?
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

HBdrummer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 32ndHeartBeat View Post
    How do the Vision maple shells sound? I like that they aren't too expensive and I'm finally hearing some good things about them. Would you compare them to the Gretsch birch and maple products?
    Well... mine are the all birch Visions..and I have to say that..for sound and overall build quality the Vision kits are the BEST in their price range. They (VBX-birch, and VMX- maple) use premium birch and maple veneers same as the now disco'd session series (SBX and SMX) Pretty much just swap out the ISS mounting for optis and throw some 2.3mm superhoops on and you have a pro level kit! Even the stocker Pearl Protone heads that come on this series, sound great! I have not seen the VMX kits, but I would imagine that they are every bit as good as the birch..just maple tone characteristics. I like the fact that Pearl has trickeled down the 6/8 shell composition on the Vision series! The rack toms use 6 ply shells and the floor and kick 8 ply. the thinner shell toms resonate powerfully all the way into next week! while the 8 ply floor and kick bring the thunder!! Pearl is a company that I have been dealing with for about 15 years. They make all their own shells and hardware pieces. Everything on a Pearl drum is made by Pearl. Gretsch out sources their shells and shell hardware and I have seen a good amount of qc issues with the catalinas. Pearl stands behind the integrity if their shells for LIFE! That's right ..Vision shells have a lifetime replacement warranty! Gretsch...I don't think so. I have been playing drums for almost 32 years and I would recommend Vision series kits to anyone looking for an awesome sounding flawlessly built set of drums..pros..or semi pros - like myself.
    And the price under 1k, is within reach for intermediate players! Sorry I'm so long winded with this post, but If I really believe in a product like I do Pearl, I gotta get the word out! Don't get me started on the 900 series hardware! LOL thanks for reading my rave..and no..I don't work for Pearl..I wish!
    -HB
    Last edited by HBdrummer; 03-14-2008 at 10:07 AM.

User Info Menu

i think the lugs look kind of cool

HBdrummer Guest

Default Updated pix..more additions..

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

User Info Menu

Very nice rack setup HBD! I'm impressed with the complexity, and the simplicity, all at the same time! I know that sounds like a contradiction, but in the way I see that kit, it's not! Very nice!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I really like your rack system HBD....
    And I also like your combined A, A custom and K Zildjian.....
    It's awesome....
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

Nice
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

HBdrummer Guest

Thanks for all the nice comments guys, The wife has really been behind me on all this..heck..she sets up and breaks down my kit at events.. but, all in all..I think I have the drumkit (- a few upgrades to mounting and hoops) that will serve me well for many a gig. So..now that I'm broke buying Zildjians...time to thank God for the blessings. Peace -HB