Thread: Good sounding china

User Info Menu

Default Good sounding china

I really love the sound Billy Cobham pioneered with the Zildjian china crash. I may add one to my kit but I'm wondering are there some other good china sound cymbals out there? Anyone have feedback on theirs? I'm looking for that sharp accent/attack sound not a mellow asian sound.

later

User Info Menu

Default Re: Good sounding china

i have a 19" sabian paragon that is as aggressive of any china i have ever played. i also really like the 14" hhx evolution for a quicker blast effect.

User Info Menu

I've always just gone with the good ol' Wuhan chinas. If it cracks, you're only down 50 bucks or so...
    But then again I like that original, trashy china sound.

User Info Menu

thanks I need to visit to local Sam Ash here in Indy and hit some too. Sound like I can add a Wuhan on the cheap anyway...

User Info Menu

I have always been impressed with Wuhan for that trashy china sound, and the price is right. I like the 18" because I get a cross between trashy china, and gong. Cool sound IMHO.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Paiste rude china, zildjian oriental trash china, Sabian AAXtreme china,Sabian AA metal X china, Meinl byance china, Meinl genoration X china, Meinl MB20 rock chian, Sound castor custom china. all those chinas are great cymbals

HBdrummer Guest

18 or19" Zildjian Oriental "trash" china....my next..or good ol WUHAN

User Info Menu

i have a 14 inch sabian HHX evoultion mini china. it sounds great