Thread: 2 Snares

User Info Menu

Talking 2 Snares

Dual Snare Setup As Of Today... Woot Woot Pics Soon

Any Tips ... Anything I Might Wanna Try
    THE CONCEPT OF SELF SCERINITY ELUDES ME

User Info Menu

Default Re: 2 Snares

Hola como estas PHANTOMPATRIOT *CREATIVE ARTISTIC ARTIST DRUMMER(CAT) THATS COOL *MAKE them SING**GRAFCIAS*

User Info Menu

Congrats can't wait to see pics. Got any specs, size materials manufacturer etc?
    Pditty

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PHANTOM PATRIOT View Post

A lot of guys tune the left one extremely tight. YOu should see if you can learn the one handed roll like SticksWizzardDragon and do that on your left snare while you're playing a standard beat between hi hat and snare with your right hand. Johnny Rabb is good at incorporating that stuff into beats and it sounds great.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    A lot of guys tune the left one extremely tight. YOu should see if you can learn the one handed roll like SticksWizzardDragon and do that on your left snare while you're playing a standard beat between hi hat and snare with your right hand. Johnny Rabb is good at incorporating that stuff into beats and it sounds great.
    HOLA como estas DRUMMER (TOM) CREATIVE ARTISTIC ARTIST DRUMMER (CAT) thats A HOT IDEA *EXCELLENT Mi amigo **Love it GRACIAS

User Info Menu

I seem to be weird in the respects that I like to have a deeper side snare tuned up so it sounds like a marching snare while my main sounds like a drum machine snare.

User Info Menu

yes im with the one handed rolls. I been learning them there great for tricks! :>

But also when you change your beets.... or head to mid 8's. then get the tight cracky snares...... practice break beats then head into rock beats changing the snares :>

Just simple deas as you play them more you will get better ideas.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Cool Re: 2 Snares

Quote Originally Posted by PHANTOM PATRIOT View Post

You don't mention which two snares you're using...is one a piccolo and one a standard size, for example?

If I were playin' two snares in a kit, I'd have a tightly-tuned piccolo to get some serious crack sounds out of it, and a standard snare tuned a little lower than normal to get a few cojones out of that one. Yeah I know! Sounds like bongo tuning applied to snares, but I think you'd get a cool contrast out of that set-up...and if you shut off the snares, you'd get a timbale effect out of them, too.
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

About 9 years ago I bought a weird used snare (Legend 6"x12" floating shell, pretty obscure drum) with the intention of using it as a side snare, tuned tight popcorn style.
    Long story short I fell in love with the weirdo snare and forgot all about the 14" metal snare I used to use and have used the Legend as my main snare ever since! I love this drum so much; rimshots on it sound like a shot from a .38!!!
    One thing that's pretty cool to try with 2 snares is do all your grace notes, ghost notes, etc. on the side snare with the big hits on the main one...

User Info Menu

Can you give the specific specs both of the snares ??
    What its finish ??
    And what size....

I usually look that drummer use 2 snares, one of them is 14", and the other is wooden 10"....
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

Mike Portnoy styliee nice lol
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Pearl Export Tuned A Little Tight For The Main An Off Brand Metal One For The Second. On The Left (secondary) I Have A Large Cloth Damper To Make It Sound Dead... Like The 70's

User Info Menu

And Im Not A Fan Of Piccalo Snares