Drum Domains

Thread: billy canty jazz inspireing read his story to

User Info Menu

Default billy canty jazz inspireing read his story to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcKNqNMDst0
    now that youve seen his drumming read his story
    On August 6th 2006 I was violently attacked while in a bar. A drunk man tried to kill me by hitting me in the head with a bar stool. I feel down a flight of stares and recieved futher brain and spinial damage,ripping my nose from my face and busting my teeth. I had to learn how to walk, talk, eat, read, write, drive, stand up straight on my own, etc, etc and yes... play drums all over again. In September 2006 I still didnt even know what a drum stick was called or what it was even used for. I taught myself how to play again. This video was recorded four months later on one of my first live performances with brain and spinial damage.
    When this was recorded, I still couldnt read, write, walk correctly, drive, dress myself, or talk correctly.
    So, to all of you cridicts, youtube haters, and hardcore jazzers with something to prove, I wanna say thanks for your negative comments.
    You inspire me to practice more, and chuckle a bit too.
    God Bless,
    Billy Canty
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

Default Re: billy canty jazz inspireing read his story to

Hola como estas DRUMMERDAVIE *CREATIVE ARTISTIC ARTIST DRUMMER (CAT) THAT Was Good *& in some ways I can really relate **I know that I have been into Fights Because of JERKS *DRUNKS *DRUG USER* & A Whole lot of OTHER BAD ENERGY*But that was just part of MAKEING A LIVEING within this AMAZING ANCIENT SPIRITUAL ART FORM of DRUMMING & THE BIZ/ENTERTAINMENT *WORLD **I respect HIS ARTISTRY **
    GRACIAS'
    Last edited by STICKSWIZZARDDRAGON; 03-13-2008 at 01:34 AM.

User Info Menu

Not meaning to take to much liberty, that video made a huge "Impression" on me. Some of you may know what I mean but, for those who may not, "Impressions" is a John Coltrane composition which a lot of jazz groups continue to play today. That was the tune in this video and Billy Canty expertly demonstrated his "Impression" of how to play along to that tune. Watching him makes me want to bring back my trio and play long and well into the night. There are no boundaries when it comes to the what the Spirit inside of each of us wants to do. It is only ourselves who hold us back and it is only ourselves who set us free. Thank you, Billy Canty, for your courage and reminder of what all of us can do for ourselves.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post
    Not meaning to take to much liberty, that video made a huge "Impression" on me. Some of you may know what I mean but, for those who may not, "Impressions" is a John Coltrane composition which a lot of jazz groups continue to play today. That was the tune in this video and Billy Canty expertly demonstrated his "Impression" of how to play along to that tune. Watching him makes me want to bring back my trio and play long and well into the night. There are no boundaries when it comes to the what the Spirit inside of each of us wants to do. It is only ourselves who hold us back and it is only ourselves who set us free. Thank you, Billy Canty, for your courage and reminder of what all of us can do for ourselves.
    HOLA como estas FIACOVAZ(FRANK) CREATIVE ARTISTIC ARTIST DRUMMER(CAT) EXPRESSED with alot of DEEP FEELINGS *AND I
    fully relate *their really isn't any thing that (ONE) cannot DO (LEARN)
    GAIN KNOWLEDGE and that is A TRUE FACT**GRACIAS

User Info Menu

Wow! That is quite inspiring. It amazes me what people can do when they really set their hearts and minds to something. Makes me want to go practice some more lol!
    ---- If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum. - chinese proverb

User Info Menu

Unbelievable!

User Info Menu