Thread: Sabian B8's My Thoughts

User Info Menu

Default Sabian B8's My Thoughts

As some of you know I planned on upgrading My cymbals with a cash return I got from a chain store. Well I figured anything would be a upgrade considering I was still using stock cymbals. 13'inch hats and a 17"inch crash. I mean well I only had 30 days to use the card.

I picked up a full set of Sabian's 14'inch hats ,14 inch crash ,thin 16 inch crash and a 20 inch ride. Total was 149.00 including the 100 dollar card. The Hats was a definite improvement. The ride sounded just as good as my other family member's high dollar Zildjian's .

My only problem is with the 16inch crash and 14 inch crash. They more or less sound like mini rides. So much so I decided to use the 16inch as a crash ride and throw the stock CB 17 inch stock crash back into the mix. I am going to leave the 14 inch crash out. I still feel like I got my money's worth, however I am suprised the stock CB crash has better sound then the Sabian b8 even though the B8's are of lower quality line.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Sabian B8's My Thoughts

oh my gosh how can you stand the sound of that cb crash...it made me so mad i just didnt even hit it. save up your money asap and buy some higher quality cymbals. taking a liking to cb crashes is an emergency.

User Info Menu

Well that is the idea the CB crash does sound decent could use something better but as it is Ive only been playing about a month and a few days so the way I see it is like this. I will learn control on the cheap cymbal while avoiding breaking or cracking a new cymbal which in the end will cost even more cash.

User Info Menu

however I am suprised the stock CB crash has better sound then the Sabian b8 even though the B8's are of lower quality line.
    Nah....I think it just your ear that used with the CB crash sound....
    It happened to me as well....
    When I first play with my ZBT Ride, I think my crappy ride sounds better...
    But as the time goes by, You will find out that your B8 have a better sounds, mate...
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Sabian B8's My Thoughts

I Know This Sounds Odd To Ya But Even Wif All My Zildjians,sabians,and Paiste Cymbals ,,,,Recently I Hung A "xm Cymbal By Cp Percussion" Upsde Down And It ,MakeS A better China (trash) Sound Than My Wuhan Cymbals!!!AND I DO SO LOVE MY SABIAN B8 PROS AS WELL Remember "Beauty Is In The Ear Of The Beholder"
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

I have an 18 inch crash ride, 18 inch chinese, 20 inch ride, 14 inch hats, and an 8 inch splash. I love all of them. They are a huge upgrade compared to stock cymbals from pacific. My next cymbal is going to be a thin or full crash. My old hats turned inside-out when i closed em.

User Info Menu

Turned Inside out?? Man Ive never seen that happen... you stomping on the pedal or just holding it down really hard? I had that problem and had to break myself of it. Although my cymbals never turned inside out!!

User Info Menu

Great cymbals I think. Just my thoughts. though I don't like the 16" crash as much as the 14" and 18". It also came with a lot for not too high of a price.
    My Set:
    5 Piece PDP FS series
    Joey Jordison Signature Snare
    Sabian B8 14", 18" Thin Crashes
    Sabian B8 16" Thin Crash Dented Edition
    Sabian XS20 14" Medium Hi-Hats
    Sabian B8 20" Ride
    Paiste Innovative 20" Heavy Ride
    Jhmeg2 Über Ride 20" Special Edition

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Beasty101 View Post
    Turned Inside out?? Man Ive never seen that happen... you stomping on the pedal or just holding it down really hard? I had that problem and had to break myself of it. Although my cymbals never turned inside out!!
    They would turn inside out if I pushed on the pedal or if I hit them. The B8's are wayyyyy better.