Thread: KISS tribute drummer here

User Info Menu

Default KISS tribute drummer here

Ok, my first post in Drum Chat - be gentle with me

I play for Dressed To Kill from the UK - the world's longest-running KISS tribute band (since 1990!) and I've been thumping away on a brand new set of DW's for the past year after saving up for what seems like an eternity!!

They sound extraordinary and look beautiful in their Black Mirrar finish - so say my bandmates and various sound engineers too, thankfully!

I'll put some pics up once I've sussed out how to!

We're at www.dressedtokill.org.uk if you fancy a butchers!

Cheers!

Ian
    (Pete in DTK)

User Info Menu

Default Re: KISS tribute drummer here

Welcome to Drum Chat "The Dant!" I have a feeling that there are plenty of people here that will be looking forward to seeing your kit!

Here's the recommended way to post pics around here:

1. Post your pictures on photobucket.com
    2. Once they are posted, click on the "img" URL (it will say "copied")
    3. Go to this thread: http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ums-26p52.html
    4. Go to the bottom of the pade, and in the "Quick Reply" box, post what ever you want to say about your drums.
    5. Click on the tan looking icon with the green mountains (this will allow you to open a link to your images.
    6. Paiste the link to you Photobucket site in the box that pops up.
    7. Click OK, and your images should show up.

Hope this helps.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Dant View Post

I play for Dressed To Kill from the UK - the world's longest-running KISS tribute band (since 1990!) and I've been thumping away on a brand new set of DW's for the past year after saving up for what seems like an eternity!!

They sound extraordinary and look beautiful in their Black Mirrar finish - so say my bandmates and various sound engineers too, thankfully!

Cheers!

Ian
    (Pete in DTK)
    Welcome to Drum Chat, glad you are here! Make yourself comfortable and stay awhile

User Info Menu

Cool Re: KISS tribute drummer here

Cheers!

Ian
    (Pete in DTK)
    Hey, Ian/Pete--we're always easy with the newbies...but once you become a member, watch out, mate!

Seriously, welcome to what I daresay is the coolest collection of drummers in the world...and we're lookin' forward to those pics, vids and other surprises behind the make-up!

(I have a buddy who at one time was probably the biggest KISS fan in the universe, so it's cool you've come on board so I can learn more about what makes their fans so intensely loyal!)

Again, pull up a drummer's throne and join us!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

kiss fan from birth here. i have accually heard of you guys. nice to have ya here.

User Info Menu

welcome to drumchat dant. glad to have you here

User Info Menu

Thanks guys - I'll get right on it pastor_bob!!

Cheers!

Ian
    (Pete in DTK)

User Info Menu

Welcome and congrats on the new DW kit.
    Pditty

User Info Menu

Awesome! KISS was my favorite band as a kid, and Peter Criss was my big inspiration to become a drummer (along with Ringo).
    It looks like you guys have a lot of fun.
    Do you actually get out front and sing 'Beth'???

User Info Menu

Oh yes, I get out there roses in hand (usually!) and give 'Beth' a go - I worked for days on a decent backing track for it too!!

To be fair, Peter Criss was a big influence to me, too - that solo on Alive! - whilst not technically stunning - just sounded so exciting to my young ears (I was 11 when I first heard it)

He was a good jazzy player around '75-'76...then his technique seemed to change and he wasn't the same for me. Eric Carr was the first drummer I ever saw live (in 1983) and his solo was another moment that really made me want to be a drummer in a rock band. And that was before I saw Neil Peart...

Ian ('Peter' in DTK)
    www.dressedtokill.org.uk
    The World's Longest Running KISS tribute band - Alive since 1990!!

User Info Menu

singer is awesome too. while i will always have love for peter, and carr was a tragity, eric singer is by far the best technical drummer kiss ever had IMO.

User Info Menu

You're right about Eric Singer technically...he did a great job on the 'Revenge' album too.

I just loved Eric Carr's power - and 'Creatures Of the Night' is his finest hour...well, 42 minutes really!! :o)

Ian ('Peter' in DTK)
    www.dressedtokill.org.uk

User Info Menu

First concert I ever saw was KISS in 79 on the Dynasty tour. Never seen them again sad to say. Hard to top that show.
    Dave

Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend

Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

User Info Menu

Welcome Dant. I understand the tribute thing, one of the groups I play in is an Elton John Tribute band. It is a lot of fun to do because they are show bands in a concert format as opposed to a dance/club band. different style and different venues. It also pays much better than a club band and you play for an hour and a half as opposed to four hours.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by backtodrum View Post
    Welcome Dant. I understand the tribute thing, one of the groups I play in is an Elton John Tribute band. It is a lot of fun to do because they are show bands in a concert format as opposed to a dance/club band. different style and different venues. It also pays much better than a club band and you play for an hour and a half as opposed to four hours.
    i didnt know that man, thats pretty cool. i played in a stevie ray vaughan tribute band in houston for awhile.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain View Post
    i didnt know that man, thats pretty cool. i played in a stevie ray vaughan tribute band in houston for awhile.
    That sounds like a heck of a lot of fun as well, You got to comp Chris Layton the shuffel king.

User Info Menu

what set did you have before the dw's

User Info Menu

I had a Pearl Masters Custom in Emerald Green fade - played it for about 10 years and it got so battered and bruised through gigging!

Still sounded great, though!

Ian ('Peter' in DTK)
    www.dressedtokill.org.uk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by backtodrum View Post
    That sounds like a heck of a lot of fun as well, You got to comp Chris Layton the shuffel king.
    yep, thats one thing i got down pretty well.

User Info Menu

Cheers!

Ian
    (Pete in DTK)
    welcome ian, i just checked out you tunes, one of the best copies i have heard, looking forward to vids