Thread: Cartoon Band !!

User Info Menu

Default Cartoon Band !!

We just got back from a city festival here in our home town had fun ! There was a band from orlando called the outertoons they were GREAT ! Played all cartoon theme songs and dress up real funny and cut up with everyone! They have a girl bass player (fretless)that just blew me away she is incredible has to be one of the best bass players I've ever seen. The whole band is very good check out their website outertoons.com I have never thought of a band to play cartoon songs it was Great !! just had to share this with ya'll
    E Drums !! !

There are no loud instruments just loud players !

Protect Your Hearing !!!!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Cartoon Band !!

Not from the outertoons band but its a fun song....The cartoon song

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UdiyGPVOuYI&feature=related
    E Drums !! !

There are no loud instruments just loud players !

Protect Your Hearing !!!!

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Cartoon Band !!

Actually, I recall one episode of "The Jetsons" in which George Jetson is depicted as a drummer!

The second episode of the original (1962-'63) season, "A Date with Jet Screamer," has George grousing about Judy's infatuation with Jet Screamer, he of "Solar Swivel" fame, and asking "whatever happened to good old-fashioned music?" (The camera then cuts to George's drum kit, which was a futuristic depiction of what could be a five-piece DW maple kit!)

To summarize the plot, George secretly replaces Judy's entry in a song-writing contest ("Oh Jet Screamer-screamer-screamer you're my dreamer-dreamer-dreamer...") with Elroy's secret code to a fellow Space Scout ("Eep, opp, ork, ah-ah" means "Meet me tonight.") in an effort to keep her from winning...

...and of course Judy's entry wins! The remainder of the episode depicts George's efforts to chaperone Judy and the rock star, which climaxes when he bribes the singer's drummer to take the night off as the band prepares for Jet Screamer's concert. Imagine George's reaction when, as Jet announces the drummer, Judy suddenly blurts out "DADDY!"

George then tears into a drum solo to open Jet Screamer's premiere of the prize-winning song "Eep Opp Ork Ah-ah (And That Means I Love You.") I honestly think the style of this sequence was copied by more than a few music videos in the early days of MTV!

While Elroy protests the use of his secret code--and Jane wonders "what's going o-o-on!"--it's a happy ending as George and Judy sing the song once more at home (watch how George copies Jet Screamer's dramatic spinning entry!) ends.

And, of course, "The Jetsons" theme song is a loud, lively, percussion-driven jazz tune (actually, two tunes mashed together. If you listen closely to the opening sequence, notice how there's a "jump" between the opening fanfare and the drum break, where the picture "shatters" into triangles.)

You'd never guess I loved this episode to remember it in such detail 45 years later!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Here you go Bongobro - George Jetson was not bad on the drums! lol

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BMMgnR5O0KI

User Info Menu

have you heard of primus 2slow?

look them up and all ill say is 6 string fretless and vocalist .... recomend tommy the cat.... or the south park theme :P

i love comic bands too... have a look for the sencitive new age cowpersons. if you get a chance. there classic and a great stage presence.
    Last edited by Stevo42w; 03-17-2008 at 04:39 AM.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo42w View Post
    have you heard of primus 2slow?

look them up and all ill say is 6 string fretless and vocalist .... recomend tommy the cat.... or the south park theme :P

i love comic bands too... have a look for the sencitive new age cowpersons. if you get a chance. there classic and a great stage presence.
    Hey Stevo, there is a good lady bassist from your area. I believed she plays for Jeff Beck but can't remember her name. I am not even sure if she is grown up, looks like she is a teenage girl.

User Info Menu

the bassist for the john butler trio uses a fretless and it sounds amazing

User Info Menu

Primus - Jerry was a race car driver.
    Last edited by Dawgkikker; 03-19-2008 at 01:00 PM.
    Dave

Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend

Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"