Thread: My Band (Frequency)

User Info Menu

Default My Band (Frequency)

My band is a 3-piece - Drums, Guitar, Bass. The bassist switches to rhythm guitar occasionally, as well.

We're called Frequency, and we've played a few small gigs before. Coming up in April, however, is our first of a few larger gigs. We're holding a fundraiser to support our high school's band program on the 11th. We're also playing at a few local fairs this summer.

We're planning on recording a demo next week, so once that happens, I'll post some of the tracks for you guys to listen to.

User Info Menu

Cool Re: My Band (Frequency)

Cool! Can't wait to hear your recordings, bro'!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Default Re: My Band (Frequency)

cool, good luck with the upcoming gigs and a big pat on the back for supporting your school's music program.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jerimiah40 View Post
    My band is a 3-piece - Drums, Guitar, Bass. The bassist switches to rhythm guitar occasionally, as well.

We're called Frequency, and we've played a few small gigs before. Coming up in April, however, is our first of a few larger gigs. We're holding a fundraiser to support our high school's band program on the 11th. We're also playing at a few local fairs this summer.

We're planning on recording a demo next week, so once that happens, I'll post some of the tracks for you guys to listen to.

Good for you guys , glad to hear it............its all about having fun .

User Info Menu

So, the whole demo thing didn't work out. We borrowed a whole bunch of recording equipment, and were never able to find time to actually record anything. I hope to get a few recordings at our gig on Friday though, and if they turn out, I'll post some here.

User Info Menu

Hey J40 , good luck Friday and lookin forward to hearing some audio .

User Info Menu

Jeremiah, it's just cool to hear that things are going well for you and the band. If we get a chance to see, or hear the the band, that would be cool because we would be sharing in the fun that you're having. If the audio, or video, just work out though, just make sure you tell us all about it. We like having you in the Drum Chat family, and we just like to hear about the lives of our family members.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jerimiah40 View Post
    So, the whole demo thing didn't work out. We borrowed a whole bunch of recording equipment, and were never able to find time to actually record anything. I hope to get a few recordings at our gig on Friday though, and if they turn out, I'll post some here.
    Don't worry...you'll get 'em up somehow, bro'...lookin' forward to hearin' them!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

User Info Menu

Thanks for the support, everyone!

User Info Menu

I think there was video taken, so I'll try to get some up ASAP.

User Info Menu

I promise I will get back and post video ASAP, but I haven't heard from the guy who's producing the DVD in a while... Last I heard, he was having some problems with it.

User Info Menu

cool!

Charlie

User Info Menu

good luck man =]
    "I mean honestly... I don't understand how "boom-click-boom-click-boom-click"evades a drummer...." ~ Kryshah

Gretsch Catalina Club Mod
    Sabian cymbals:
    18 in. AAXplosion crash
    21 in. AA raw bell ride
    16 in. Vault crash
    14 in. AAX stage hats
    Paiste:10 in. metal splash
    Zildjian:zil-bel
    DW 7000 double pedals
    PDP hardware
    EMAD!!!

User Info Menu

Alright, the DVD is done! I'll try to rip some audio/video from it and post it later. We played another gig yesterday morning (Saturday, 3:00 AM), with a different bass player. We've got a bit of internal drama in the band right now, but I think it'll all work out.

User Info Menu

Cool deal on the vid Jeremiah! Sorry to hear about the internal drama.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!