Thread: Spammers *PLEASE READ

User Info Menu

Default Spammers *PLEASE READ

FYI: One of the methods of spammers is that they try to get conversation going so they can befriend you and then try to scam you. They do this very slyly through either e-mails inquiring about a product you have for sale, asking about drum lessons, or coming into a forum like this one to engage you in conversation. You can recognize them right away as they usually only PM people and don't post. They also usually have broken english and poor grammar. They'll often say things like, "let's talk" or "can we be friends" or something similar. *DO NOT RESPOND TO THESE PEOPLE. Notify me or su_admin at once so we can delete the account.

We try to catch all the spammers but they're getting more tricky with their tactics and it is impossible to keep them all out. So I need your help. Again, PLEASE contact me or one of the moderators about any suspicious activity on this board.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Spammers *PLEASE READ

thanks for the heads up Tom. Gotta be careful of internet frauds and scams
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Ya, I suspected one on here a few weeks ago. I was talking to him on the shout box and he was saying the "lets be friends" spiel not long after talking to him. I wish I could remember his name now. O well. Blessings.........

User Info Menu

lol i remember that one guy kept saying his favorite kind of sticks were vic firth and then me and DC made up a fake drumstick company and said they were awesome. and then we asked him if we could see his set and he kept saying he had to go. and we asked him what kind of set he had. he left for about five minutes, came back and said, i have a pearls durm

User Info Menu

I had a similar private message, since I didn't recognize the person as a poster, I deleted the message. I probably should have reported it at the time. It was a week or two ago.
    Gretsch Catalina Birch 6 piece fusion set (10,12,14,16in. Toms, 22 Bass). Sabian 20" HH Classic Ride, 16" Istanbul Agop Dark Crash, & Zildian K 13" Hi-hats.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by coke_can View Post
    lol i remember that one guy kept saying his favorite kind of sticks were vic firth and then me and DC made up a fake drumstick company and said they were awesome. and then we asked him if we could see his set and he kept saying he had to go. and we asked him what kind of set he had. he left for about five minutes, came back and said, i have a pearls durm
    LMAO, I remember that guy, that was funny c_c

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Re: Spammers *PLEASE READ

HOLA como estas DRUMMER(TOM) CREATIVE ARTISTIC ARTIST
    DRUMMER(CAT) GRACIAS for the INFO..SCAM RIP OFFS CANNOT STAND THEM***