Thread: Gibraltar cymbal mount hard to find

User Info Menu

Default Anyone having trouble getting gibraltar - or is it just me?

Four months ago I bought 4 Gibraltar ball joint extension mounts - SC-BJEA - I have two Gibraltar 9813dp tripod tom stands that these fit to.
    I then could not get cymbal arms to fit them..........urrrrgh. It took B&J Music (Reps. for Kaman Music that destrib. Gibraltar in Canada) about four months to figure out that the Gibraltar sc-bjea can only accept 3/4" tubing which Gibraltar does not make! Meanwhile I'm stuck with sc-bjea and had to look around to find cymbal arms with 3/4" tubing to fit. In the middle of all this I returned two of the four scbjea to the retailer I bought them from (he wouldn't take back the ones that I had opened) and he said he would contact b&j music to exchange them for ones that could accept 7/8" - bigger - tubing. And that's when the long wait started with finally b&j music rep saying oooops - sorry - Gibraltar does not make tubing to fit the sc bjea. No apologies to me - when I finally emailed them about it - just a very curt short reply that I found kind of rude and took offence to. I did construct a reply to the sales department and cc'ed everyone at BJ Music I could find. I only did that after giving them plenty of opportunity to make things right and treat me like a valued customer - which I used to be.

FOUND SOME stands!

*DW was the only brand I could find that has 3/4" tubing so, today I bought four of the DW SM934 stands (3/4" tubing 18" long with a 1/2" diam. boom arm) at $59 each at L.A.Music destrib. In Canada. I will wait to see how their shipping and delivery is - it's an on-line store.

*I understand Premier also makes a 3/4" tubing cymbal stand but I didn't check that out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kona; 03-21-2008 at 03:49 PM. Reason: new info
    Gary