Thread: Sound systems used with electric drums

User Info Menu

Default Sound systems used with electric drums

This is a crate KXB 100 keyboard amp. It is a good monitor for small groups.

THis is a Roland CM-30 "cube" amp good for practice

E Drums !! !

There are no loud instruments just loud players !

Protect Your Hearing !!!!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Sound systems used with electric drums

sweet. lol when did we get an electric drum section

User Info Menu

hah yeah i just noticed the electric drum section too
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

its all new and all great! :> As requested by 2slow and supported by stevo :P

As for monitor systems. I would recomend

*sorry no pics :P im not that good with broken internet atm*
    Mackie 300Wat powered speaker. 15" Sub and 2".... or 1.5" horn.

orrr

JBL Eon. 15" Sub, 2" horn with the seperate 18" sub.
    2 or 300 watts a piece. :>

I would personaly go the eon.... generally cheaper and its got a seperate. bigger sub
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Sound systems used with electric drums

Thxs 2slow...just What We Needed....a Place For "e-heads" To Go For The Support And Advice This Website Is Know For....all Things For All Players!!!!!!!...I Lubs Dis Place!!!!!!!
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

When I have the kit at my house I use a PA monitor.

User Info Menu

Any keyboard amp will be designed for the full frequency spectrum and should work for electronic drums, just a matter of matching up the power of the amp to the size of the room, and volume level desired. Keyboard amps because of the full frequency spectrum are very versatile I use mine (a Fender KB-100) as a portable PA for small venues, I've used it with Synthisizers,Bass, and guitar (both acoustic and electric with a modeler), as well as vocals. I've used the keyboard amp with a Keyboard and gotten very realistic Kettle drum, mallet percussion, gongs and other percussion sounds out of it.
    Gretsch Catalina Birch 6 piece fusion set (10,12,14,16in. Toms, 22 Bass). Sabian 20" HH Classic Ride, 16" Istanbul Agop Dark Crash, & Zildian K 13" Hi-hats.

User Info Menu

Depends on the speaker thats in the amp church. I have used a keyboard amp with a cheap speaker then one with a celestion and the celestion was so good and never ever used the other one.

Another idea for you guys for monitoring is sheinheizer *I think thats how you spell it* They make awesome headphones. Now everyone will think you wont get good bass on such a small speaker diaphram but they have done something to make their headphones close to flat responce as they can... The model im thinking of is the HD 280 Silver there 400$ retail but can get them for 150$ off ebay on some store.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo42w View Post
    Depends on the speaker thats in the amp church. I have used a keyboard amp with a cheap speaker then one with a celestion and the celestion was so good and never ever used the other one.
    Can't disagree with out that a quality speaker is important. Probably the most important part of any sound reproducing system.
    Gretsch Catalina Birch 6 piece fusion set (10,12,14,16in. Toms, 22 Bass). Sabian 20" HH Classic Ride, 16" Istanbul Agop Dark Crash, & Zildian K 13" Hi-hats.

User Info Menu

Anyone who plays guitar may know... if not should know the difference between a 6" speaker and a 8" and a 10" . and would understand the depth and fidelity of the speakers sound.... and as you agree church while the amp may produce all frequencies some speakers arnt made to take those frequencies.

Thats why when you want to have a FOH system for your kit you should get something with a big sub 15 or 16'' is the recomended minimum You can go down to a 12. but i would only do that to get an 18" sub in the system... Ideally. 12" sub 1.5" horn with a 18" sub. With the crossovers in place.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Anyone who plays guitar may know... if not should know the difference between a 6" speaker and a 8" and a 10" . and would understand the depth and fidelity of the speakers sound.... and as you agree church while the amp may produce all frequencies some speakers arnt made to take those frequencies.

Thats why when you want to have a FOH system for your kit you should get something with a big sub 15 or 16'' is the recomended minimum You can go down to a 12. but i would only do that to get an 18" sub in the system... Ideally. 12" sub 1.5" horn with a 18" sub. With the crossovers in place.

Yep what he said !!
    E Drums !! !

User Info Menu

lol, do you know what that means slow or you just trying to flatter me :P
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Another idea for you guys for monitoring is sheinheizer *I think thats how you spell it* They make awesome headphones. Now everyone will think you wont get good bass on such a small speaker diaphram but they have done something to make their headphones close to flat responce as they can... The model im thinking of is the HD 280 Silver there 400$ retail but can get them for 150$ off ebay on some store.
    Stevo, are you thinking of the German company Sennheiser? If so, they've been very solid over the years.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

lol, do you know what that means slow or you just trying to flatter me :P
    aint got a clue
    E Drums !! !

User Info Menu

Yeah thats the company PB! They do awesome headphones even the cheaper ones....

I dont know if anyone does know what the resistance in speakers / Headphones mean?
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Of all the Guitar amps I have in the house, the Music store (Guitar Center) I bought my Simmons SD7K kit from says I cant use any of them. Says its a totally different frequency and I WILL blow the guitar amp. Seemed logical so I am using a Bose PC speaker set (5 speakers and a big Sub Woofer) which sounds great in the house, but I cant take not having that sound on my PC anymore. I went earlier this week back to Guitar Center and pretty much settled on the Simmons DA200S ($299.00) and am going tomorrow morning to pick it up. I like to play along with my IPOD (which I took w/ the cable to Guitar Center) and it sounded great! With tweeters and mid ranges built into it, the music as a whole sounds good. It also allows for adjustments of both (drums AND IPOD) independently which I really liked. 100 watt low freq amp and 50 watt mid & high. The 12 inch down firing Sub has a really good feel to it and the price is sure right.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2slow View Post
    This is a crate KXB 100 keyboard amp. It is a good monitor for small groups.

THis is a Roland CM-30 "cube" amp good for practice

I wouldn't think small amps like those can give you a true full tom and kick drum sound. Personally I'd just use a good set of headphones instead of one of those.

I use the B-52 matrix 3 way system and my E-kit sounds better then any acoustic kit I've ever owned.

Last edited by NPYYZ; 12-07-2008 at 08:33 AM.

User Info Menu

Your right I got the crate for home and the cube in a drum deal. I have looked online at the b-52s but have not heard them do you have the 1000 or the 2000? Do you gig with them? what do you use for monitors.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2slow View Post
    Your right I got the crate for home and the cube in a drum deal. I have looked online at the b-52s but have not heard them do you have the 1000 or the 2000? Do you gig with them? what do you use for monitors.
    I've got the 1000. When I jam with friends I get more then enough volume to keep up with their amps. When I gig with them I use them as my personal monitor on stage, and I also rum my kit through the main PA the band has.

User Info Menu

Thats how i would run it too
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 0ldSchoolDrummer View Post
    Of all the Guitar amps I have in the house, the Music store (Guitar Center) I bought my Simmons SD7K kit from says I cant use any of them. Says its a totally different frequency and I WILL blow the guitar amp. Seemed logical so I am using a Bose PC speaker set (5 speakers and a big Sub Woofer) which sounds great in the house, but I cant take not having that sound on my PC anymore. I went earlier this week back to Guitar Center and pretty much settled on the Simmons DA200S ($299.00) and am going tomorrow morning to pick it up. I like to play along with my IPOD (which I took w/ the cable to Guitar Center) and it sounded great! With tweeters and mid ranges built into it, the music as a whole sounds good. It also allows for adjustments of both (drums AND IPOD) independently which I really liked. 100 watt low freq amp and 50 watt mid & high. The 12 inch down firing Sub has a really good feel to it and the price is sure right.
    Dude, I was gonna buy that amp too. I tried it at the GC and it sounded good. I got a deal though on a used Peavey KB60 keyboard amp for $75, so being broke, I bought that instead.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Man, I wish I had more knowledge about these aside from playing a few at various churches. Sweet stuff though!
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!