Thread: Tama kick pedal

User Info Menu

Default Tama kick pedal

We were doing some cleaning at the church Saturday and I get to the top of the steps and the pastor has all kinds of drum hardware sitting there. I asked what the deal was and he said " throw it in the dump". Well being the pack rat I am I go through the stuff. Most of it was junk. However I found one Zildjian 20" ride in good shape except for keyholing. Also I found a Tama kick pedal. Im not sure of the model as I will try to get a picture tonight and post it. It does not have springs but it has a large "shock" type setup on the right side of the pedal. On the pedal it has the TAMA logo with Owari-Asahi above it. And Aichi - Japan below the logo. Im thinking these maight be cities in Japan where Tama has/had factories.
    Dave

Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend

Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

User Info Menu

Default Re: Tama kick pedal

Hey, it's always worth the research, if nothing else. Congrats on your cymbal and kick pedal find!

Pastors! Gotta keep an eye on those guys! LOL
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I think Im gonna try to sell the cymbal and give the profit to the youth group. They are always doing stuff together so maybe I can get enough for it to throw them a pizza party or something. I'll try and post a pic tonight and Im sure one of our panel of experts will recognize it.
    Dave

RIP my friend

User Info Menu

Ok folks here are the pics of the kick pedal. Hopefully someone will tell me what model it is and age. Also whether it is worth using or not.

Dave

RIP my friend

User Info Menu

how does it feel to play?

User Info Menu

Feels real good heel to toe. But I play heel up and it it a little mushy. I have yet to try and adjust it. Hopefully I can get a little more "rebound" out of it.
    Dave

RIP my friend

ThePloughman Guest

About 1980 vintage, I think it was called the King Beat. It was the high end flavor of the month.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ThePloughman View Post
    About 1980 vintage, I think it was called the King Beat. It was the high end flavor of the month.
    I agree Plough mid to early 1980s Tama pedal. They had a good rep then, it should be a good pedal if all the parts are there.

User Info Menu

All the parts seem to be there. I may fool with it some tomorrow and see if I can get a little better feel. I had just never seen one like that before. I knew you guys would know what it was.
    Dave

RIP my friend

User Info Menu

You guys are the best. Once I had a name (thanks Ploughman) I did a little searching.

http://www.tama.com/history/history_detail.asp?i=13
    Dave

RIP my friend

User Info Menu

Looks like you found yourself a decent peddle there, Dawg. Reminded me of the Ludwig Ghost pedal from the '70's. I have no idea what it might be worth but, I bet you could field it on eBay for the better part of $100 bill and some Tama collector will buy it.

User Info Menu

and a 20 Zildjian too?.....you lucky Dawg!!!!....I live for those kinda deals

It's never hurts to hav an extra pedal around for back-up. With some tinkering, it will work just fine

all the best...