Thread: Looking for a kit

User Info Menu

Default Looking for a kit

I wanna get a maple kit. 6 piece preferably. I have just under 2 grand to spend because I wanna grab some cymbals. I'm going to put it on a rack. What are some good 2000 dollar drums? I had a thread earlier about 1000 dollar drum, but my budget increased recently :D
    Getting A Sonor Force 3007.
    Debating whether to get Sabian AAX or Zildjian Custom A

User Info Menu

Default Re: Looking for a kit

Gretsch Renown Maple, I don't know if they have the 6 piece, but as far as sound goes the Catalina Maple has the same quality and you can snag multiple pro cymbals with that might fine budget, bro. Happy hunting.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

to elaborate on 32nd, http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gretsch-...71-i1320690.gc

thats the set i want, comes with a free 8'' tom and only 1499

User Info Menu

For the money, you can find something you might like...just take the time to research what it is yu want and try them. If possible, find a local dealer other than big box store. You will find personal service to be very helpful. Where I now shop, it's drums only...DW's, Ludwigs, PDP's, Sonor and Mapex.

User Info Menu

gretsch renown, pearl masters mcx, tama starclassic performer. all of those can be had for under 2k. but if you want a rack and cymbals that match the quallity of the kit. that will prolly take you over budget. best bang for your buck might be a used high end kit in a complete package from ebay.

example of a killer deal....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pearl-BRX-Master...QQcmdZViewItem

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain View Post
    gretsch renown, pearl masters mcx, tama starclassic performer. all of those can be had for under 2k. but if you want a rack and cymbals that match the quallity of the kit. that will prolly take you over budget. best bang for your buck might be a used high end kit in a complete package from ebay.

example of a killer deal....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pearl-BRX-Master...QQcmdZViewItem
    wow... holy berjabbers I want that

User Info Menu

I have about 800 for cymbals, and my birthday I'm getting a shell pack. The shell pack budget i have is like 1500 and the hardware budget I have is 500. I checked a music store by me and it had a shell pack Pearl Masters Maple. It was 2 grand, but then I would have to wait to get hardware money.
    Getting A Sonor Force 3007.
    Debating whether to get Sabian AAX or Zildjian Custom A