Thread: earphone cancelation help

User Info Menu

Smile earphone cancelation help

helo everyone can someome please help me with my problem. i have been watching drum videos of people playing and practicing songs, they are wearing full earphones but you can still hear the music, i practice 2 to 4hours a day with headphones and pads to keep it quiet, iam only a home drummer. on saturdays my partner and i have our friends over, and if i have the earphones on they cant hear the music, i know what you are going to say, take the earphones of, yeh ok but i still like to practice new songs until i get it right. oh i plug my phones into a normal home stereo. does anyone know what the use to plug phones into and still hear the music. thankyou
    Last edited by billj; 03-24-2008 at 06:11 PM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: earphone cancelation help

im sorry i think i missed the question. are you wanting to play with the headphones in the stereo but still have others hear the music from the stereo?

User Info Menu

yes cdaug

User Info Menu

some times pushing the jack in half way works, on some stereos at any rate.

all the best...

User Info Menu

thanks kay-gee tried that

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by billj View Post
    yes cdaug
    ok cool. i want to go back to the mixer suggestion that we talked about on your video thread. problem is without knowing more about your stereo that may not be the answer. if you have a receiver for surround sound you may have an audio out in the back. you could send that to a channel on a mixer without interupting the speakers. some standalone subwoofer units have audio outs on them as well. do you plan on getting a mixer?
    Last edited by cdaug; 03-26-2008 at 04:51 PM.

User Info Menu

the stereo is a panasonic SC-VK860 it has surround sound plus seperate subwoofer,has left and right aux. plugs that is all accept for video plugs has no audio out,yes i was going to get a mixer if that would work? if not may be iam better building a whole new system, powered speakers,amp,mixer.cd player, then it has got to work? thanks cdaug

User Info Menu

Please clarify...Why do you want the full music and the head phone at the same time?
    all the best...

User Info Menu

Instead Of Pluging Your Phones In The Front Of The Unit Plug Them In The Back As If They Where Another Speaker, You Might Need An Adapter From 1/8-1/4. Then It Should Play Fine
    THE CONCEPT OF SELF SCERINITY ELUDES ME

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    Please clarify...Why do you want the full music and the head phone at the same time?
    all the best...
    my drums drown out the music, with open back headphones i can hear the music perfect,makes easier for learning new songs. thanks
    Last edited by billj; 03-27-2008 at 01:04 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PHANTOM PATRIOT View Post
    Instead Of Pluging Your Phones In The Front Of The Unit Plug Them In The Back As If They Where Another Speaker, You Might Need An Adapter From 1/8-1/4. Then It Should Play Fine
    sorry dont have speaker plugs in back, just wires from speaker to unit. if you look at unit on the net you will see what i mean, www.panasonic.com. sc-vk860 is model number