Thread: Midgard's videos

User Info Menu

Default Midgard's videos

Thought I would share a video of me playing the djembe at last years Salem World Beat festival. I am the djembe player that is standing up in the group. It was kind of an interesting performance, a local tap dance school was putting on their program and they asked my drum teacher if his group class would play a number that they could have a tap dancer perform to. This was my first "performance", but it turned out to be a lot of fun. Here is the link on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uvIXCITjAI
    ---- If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum. - chinese proverb

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Midgard's videos

Hey, bro', I could tell everyone was enjoyin' it! Now I KNOW I gotta get out west soon...

BTW, your first comment and first subscriber is yours truly (only the member name is changed because someone else got "bongobro" in da tube)...

Congrats!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Default Re: Midgard's videos

Welcome Midgrid, way to slam the djembe. do you play the kit too, or just hand drums?