Drum Domains

Thread: Surfin' Safari - Apple Browser

User Info Menu

Default Surfin' Safari - Apple Browser

I was doing some reading about the new Apple browser for Windows, Safari. After all the troubles I have with Internet Explorer 7, and problems with plug-ins on Firefox (although I prefer Firefox over IE7) I thought I would try Safari.

I am very pleased with it so far. There are a few things I would like to see changed, but overall it loads pages very quickly, and I have had no trouble adding the plug-ins for listening to streaming radio, etc...

Have you used it? What do you think?
    "There's a woman in the United States who predicted the plane we were traveling on would crash. Now, a lot of people would like to think we were scared into saying a prayer. What we did actually--we drank."
    - Ringo Starr, 1966

User Info Menu

Default Re: Surfin' Safari - Apple Browser

I've used Safari since day one.
    Because I have a Mac.
    It's alright.
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

Be prepared for some weirdness. As a web developer, Safari causes me no end of grief in some situations. It is EXTREMELY picky and often you just get some cryptic message when it doesn't understand something. Like when a web program alters the mime types to download an image or something, Safari gets all confused.

http://www.informationweek.com/news/...leID=206905382

When customers call complaining about Safari on their Mac, I recommend switching to Firefox and all is resolved for them.

You may be fine if you don't encounter those situations, but just a heads up for if you do.
    ---- If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum. - chinese proverb

User Info Menu

i have it on my mac and i love it

User Info Menu

So, Mac users like it, but what about us windows users? I have Vista, and have had many problems with...well everything, and Safari is the first thing that I have had on this pc that I have liked! (Besides Drumchat.com)
    "There's a woman in the United States who predicted the plane we were traveling on would crash. Now, a lot of people would like to think we were scared into saying a prayer. What we did actually--we drank."
    - Ringo Starr, 1966