Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What's in YOUR stickbag, Mate?

User Info Menu

Default Re: What's in YOUR stickbag, Mate?

vic firth brushes, one pair of Zildjian Loui Bellson sticks, one pair of ( my favorite ) vader 2bs... and lots of dust bunnies...as I am a all alone player at the moment...come to think of it...its been too long..one day...one day..maybe I will get to jam with old farts like me.
    Enjoy the Music!

HOOKED ON VINTAGE ROGERS

12 tom times 3
    13 tom times 3
    16 floor tom 3
    22 BD times 2
    24 BD 1
    Dyna-sonic snare 1976
    Dyna-sonic snare 1969
    Powertone snare 1969
    24 x 12 Djembe

21" K Hybrid custom ride
    21" Avedis ride
    20" Zildjian 1970 ride
    18" A Custom Zildjian fast crash
    17" A Custom Zildjian med crash
    15" A Custom Zildjian Reso hats
    10" A Custom fast splash
    18" A Custom China
    LP Cowbell baby..always more cowbell

Member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"
    The Zildjian League

Drum Chat's Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!

User Info Menu

A couple pairs of Vic Firth 7As
    A couple pairs of Vater "Manhattan" 7As
    1 pair of Vic Firth Standard Jazz brushes
    1 pair of Vater Nylon brushes
    1 pair of vintage Slingerland Jake Jerger brushes
    1 pair of Pro-mark Hot Rods
    A few pairs of yarn mallets
    *****GRETSCH****BOSPHORUS****AQUARIAN****VALJE**** *

User Info Menu

For giggin purposes, I always keep about 6 pairs of Vic Firth Rock sticks stocked. And in the outside pouch, a roll of athletic/medical tape to quickly address any blisters that may pop up in the middle of a gig.

User Info Menu

My stick bag has a few pairs of Pro Mark 747 wood tips. I have a pair or two of my previously used sticks...Pro Mark Rock Knockers. And about 5 or 6 junk sticks I don't use anymore. They are given to the lead singer for cowbell playing purposes at gigs.

User Info Menu

You know I just got a stick bag after all these years.... and it has 2 pair of SP woodtip 5A's a pair of Zildjian nylon 5A's one pair of brushes and one pair of Regal nylon tip 5A's. I like 5A's or if playing jazz nylon tip 7A's or if playing Country two carved pieces of hickory with bottle caps on the ends.

User Info Menu

I have various amounts of sticks from various brands...

Vic Firth
    5A, 5AN, 5B, 5BN, X5A, X5AN. X5B, X5BN, X5B with Vic grip, 5A with Vic grip, X5A with Vic grip, Dave Weckl Evolution sig, Buddy Rich sig, Steve Jordan sig, 85A, 7A, Peter Erskine ride stick and regular sig, JoJo Mayer sig, 8D, Tommy Igoe sig, Greg Bissonette backbeat sig, Jack DeJohnette sig, Harvey Mason sig, 55A, HD4, SD4, Zoro sig, Steve Gadd sig, Jazz brushes

Vater
    5A Los Angelos, Chad Smith funk blaster, Fatback 3A, 8A, Power 5A, 7A Manhattan, Fusion Nylon, Josh Freese sig, 5A Specials, West Side

ProMark
    5A, 5AN, 5A oak, 5AN oak, 7A, 7AN oak, Elvin Jones sig, 5B natural, Paul Wertico sig 808, Carter Beauford sig, Thomas Pridgen sig, hot rods

ProMark ratchet key, misc. drum keys, wood Danmar beater, cymbal felts, hihat clutch, cymbal toppers, cymbal sleeves, an old pair of Zildjian drum gloves, 21qqq1??etc.

I have a Road Runner large leatherette stick back... which is bursting at the seams lol. I used to just throw my sticks in a backpack. I may go back to that. That would give me more space, and I would be able to carry some water and my laptop as well.
    Last edited by dirtysticks; 10-09-2012 at 03:09 AM.
    -Tama Granstar II (12x11, 16x16, 22x16)
    -Yamaha 7000 Series (12x8, 13x9, 16x16 22x18)
    -Crush Sublime E3 (12x8, 16x14, 24x17)
    -Pearl Mixed Series kit (8x7, 10x8, 15x13, 20x14)
    -Brady Jarrah Ply 8x14
    -HHG Purpleheart/Cherry Stave 7x14
    -HHG Red Birch Stave 7x14
    -Pearl Masters MCX 5.5x14
    -Pearl Steel (Pre-Sensitone) 6.5x14
    -Pearl Vintage Professional Series 6.5x14
    -Tama Imperialstar Seamless Steel 6.5x14
    -Tama Soundworks Maple 6.5x14
    -Premier (African Mahogany with Beech Re-rings) 8x14
    -Remo Bravo II 5.5x14
    -OCDP Maple 6x14
    -Crush Aluminum 5.5x14
    -Crush 10 ply Maple 6x14
    -Trixon Birch 5.5x14
    -Wuhan Traditional Cymbals
    -Paiste 2002, 602,

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dirtysticks View Post
    I have various amounts of sticks from various brands...

Vic Firth
    5A, 5AN, 5B, 5BN, X5A, X5AN. X5B, X5BN, X5B with Vic grip, 5A with Vic grip, X5A with Vic grip, Dave Weckl Evolution sig, Buddy Rich sig, Steve Jordan sig, 85A, 7A, Peter Erskine ride stick and regular sig, JoJo Mayer sig, 8D, Tommy Igoe sig, Greg Bissonette backbeat sig, Jack DeJohnette sig, Harvey Mason sig, 55A, HD4, SD4, Zoro sig, Steve Gadd sig, Jazz brushes

Vater
    5A Los Angelos, Chad Smith funk blaster, Fatback 3A, 8A, Power 5A, 7A Manhattan, Fusion Nylon, Josh Freese sig, 5A Specials, West Side

ProMark
    5A, 5AN, 5A oak, 5AN oak, 7A, 7AN oak, Elvin Jones sig, 5B natural, Paul Wertico sig 808, Carter Beauford sig, Thomas Pridgen sig, hot rods

ProMark ratchet key, misc. drum keys, wood Danmar beater, cymbal felts, hihat clutch, cymbal toppers, cymbal sleeves, an old pair of Zildjian drum gloves, 21qqq1??etc.

I have a Road Runner large leatherette stick back... which is bursting at the seams lol. I used to just throw my sticks in a backpack. I may go back to that. That would give me more space, and I would be able to carry some water and my laptop as well.
    Pics or it didn't happen.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by almostmatt1 View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen.

Funny Matt.............I was just thinking what isnt in there, then the pics or it never really happened thought crossed my mind and I read your comment.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

I don't have time now, but I'll try to toss up some pics. I work at Guitar Center so I get sticks cheap enough to try out just about anything. I'm not to picky about sticks, and I play a lot I have accumulated a lot of sticks. Sometimes I have bought sticks, only to get home and realize that I already had 4 of 5 pairs of that stick lol. I honestly probably have close to 200 pairs of sticks ( from various brands and sizes) between my stick bag and my reserves in the closet.
    -Brady Jarrah Ply 8x14
    -Remo Bravo II 5.5x14
    -OCDP Maple 6x14
    -Crush Aluminum 5.5x14
    -Crush 10 ply Maple 6x14
    -Trixon Birch 5.5x14
    -Paiste 2002, 602,

User Info Menu

I use on of these - not a stick bag.

On one side I have it full of new sticks, on the other, I put the used sticks. I also have a backup set of earphones for my IEM.

Every now and then I might throw something like a KEY in there if I'm in a hurry and find one on the floor after a gig.
    "The problem with information on the Internet is that you can not validate it's authenticity. " -Abraham Lincoln

SILVERFOX DRUMSTICKS & SOULTONE CYMBALS Endorsing Artist.

User Info Menu

In the back pouch...4 squares of fine sandpaper ( to sand off the cymbal cut burrs ) an extra drum key, a small bottle of 3 in 1 oil. Left front pocket = 6 pair of Brand New Never Used Pro-Mark 727 Oak wood tip Middle Pocket= Vic Firth Live Wire Brushes Right Front Pocket= 6 pair Pro-Mark Oak wood tip that have had burrs sanded off that are in great shape that I currently use.
    Yamaha Oak Custom 22x17 with Brass Kick Port, Brass Hoop Claws,10-12-14 racks, 16 Floor and all toms have Brass Hoops and a Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite 14x6.5 snare in Quilted Mocha Burst and Black Nickel hardware. All hi-end Zildjian Cymbals - K Dark Thin crashes & splashes, a Zildjian A crash & a Meinl 16" crash, Avedis Zildjian 1964 ride, K Custom hats plus New Beat hats on Closed X-Hat.

If a Man offends thee - - give each of his children a Drum~~~!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EddieV View Post
    I use on of these - not a stick bag.

On one side I have it full of new sticks, on the other, I put the used sticks. I also have a backup set of earphones for my IEM.

Every now and then I might throw something like a KEY in there if I'm in a hurry and find one on the floor after a gig.
    A stick coffin, that's different. For the Metal folks or just spooky?

User Info Menu

vic aj4, ah7a, sd9 driver. flix jazz brushes, earplugs. belly-dancer anklet and small saki glass for cymbal effects.
    don't put off till tomorrow what you can put off today

User Info Menu

I have a couple pairs of Vic Firth 5A wood tip, a little extra moon gel, a pair of hot rods, an extra key and a pair of Vic Firth wire brushes. If I was gigging again there would be much more in the bag and maybe a second smaller case with tools and little parts.
    TAMA- '2018 Star Walnut, ‘99 Starclassic Performer, '89 Granstar, ‘93 Rockstar
    Gretsch- 1963 Round Badge
    Zildjian
    Remo
    Vic Firth
    Speed Cobra Double Pedal Blackout Edition
    Speed Cobra Hi Hat
    Hardware- TAMA Roadpro
    Snare Drums- various TAMA, Gretsch, Ludwig, Leedy
    Mic's- Sennheiser, Shure, AKG

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by onegourd View Post
    ...and small saki glass for cymbal effects.
    Ooo, now that's different! How do you use the saki glass to do that? Just asking that as a percussionist.

As for what I have, well, I have one stick bag for drum kit playing and one mallets bag for tuned and general percussion.

Stick bag for the drum set contains:

-Several new and worn pairs of Regal Tip 8A Jeff Porcaro Signature sticks (the worn ones for real light plying in low volume situations....worn wood tips are great for lighter jazz rides)
    -2 pairs of Vic Firth E-Sticks (actually using these for acoustic set playing)
    -1 pair of Pro-Mark Phil Collins Signature sticks
    -1 pair of 9A's (non-branded, got these from a drum shop a while back, very similar tip and look to the Regal Tip 8A's)
    -1 pair Vic Firth AJ3's
    -1 pair Vic Firth AJ6's
    -1 pair Vic Firth 8D's
    -1 pair Pro-Mark 5A's, nylon tip
    -1 pair GoodWood 5A's
    -1 pair Rimshot Rock sticks (my warm-up pair, nice and big)
    -1 pair Vic Firth Alex Acuna "Conquistador" Signature timbale sticks
    -1 pair Pro-Mark Cool Rods
    -1 pair Vic Firth 303 Rute Rods
    -2 pairs of Wincent 7A sized rods
    -1 pair of Linko wire brushes
    -1 pair of Billy Hydes cotton mallets

The mallets bag contains:

-2 pairs Adams' Robert Van Sice M4 Marimba/Vibes mallets, soft/medium core
    -2 pairs Inkai Sebastian VCS 6 Marimba/Vibes mallets, medium/hard core
    -2 pairs generic xylophone/glockenspiel mallets, hard plastic core
    -2 pairs generic xylo/glock mallets, hard core (woven covers taken off)
    -1 pair Korogi xylo mallets, hard black phenolic resin beaters
    -1 pair Billy Hydes General Medium Timpani mallets, medium soft core, also good for the gong in my percussion set
    -1 pair Vic Firth t4 Timpani Mallets, hard wood core, felt outer (old and worn, good for rototoms and single toms)
    -1 pair home-made rubber ball mallets with thin dowel handles (used for slit-drum and other percussion)
    -1 single soft rubber ball mallet for general percussion
    -1 pair yellow plastic toy glockenspiel mallets (good for percussion blocks and windchimes, etc)
    -2 metal triangle beaters
    -1 home-made talking drum stick (made from dowel, with a rubber capped end).

Sometimes the timbale sticks, one pair of drumsticks, felt mallets, brushes and one or two pairs of rods from the drumset stick bag will also go into the mallets bag, should I have to take a bag for recording or gigging percussion, and that is also if I need the whole mallets bag if I'm playing tuned as well as general percussion. Soon that mallets bag will have another couple of pairs of mallets in it once I've finished paying off my vibraphone.
    Last edited by Drumbledore; 10-14-2012 at 10:07 AM.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=dirtysticks;500653]

I work at Guitar Center QUOTE]

Well that explains everything..........I would be like a kid in a candy store if I worked there, getting paid to have fun.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

About nine pairs of Nova 5B wood tip sticks, here. I want to pick up some Vic Firth 5A maple sticks some time for lighter playing.

User Info Menu

Some of you have a lot of sticks..

I have 3 pairs of Pro-Mark White Oak 747B Super Rock`s and that`s it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced for lean View Post
    Some of you have a lot of sticks..

I have 3 pairs of Pro-Mark White Oak 747B Super Rock`s and that`s it.
    I have a pair of 747 Super Rocks. They are HUGE compared to the regular 747 rock.

User Info Menu

I have several pairs of VF AJ 2's, a couple of keys, a bottle of scotch, glasses for said scotch, a transponder so I can find my drums, a 32" TV, and a spare tire for my car.

There might be a couple of things living in there but I don't know for sure because I can't see the bottom.

User Info Menu

[QUOTE] =gonefishin;501225][QUOTE=dirtysticks;500653]

I work at Guitar Center

Well that explains everything..........I would be like a kid in a candy store if I worked there, getting paid to have fun.
    That is very true... just today I got my hands on a new Tama SLP Sonic Steel 6.5x13 snare. I already played a gig with it and this is a nice snare drum! Tons of pop and crack with great tone.
    -Brady Jarrah Ply 8x14
    -Remo Bravo II 5.5x14
    -OCDP Maple 6x14
    -Crush Aluminum 5.5x14
    -Crush 10 ply Maple 6x14
    -Trixon Birch 5.5x14
    -Paiste 2002, 602,

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    I have a pair of 747 Super Rocks. They are HUGE compared to the regular 747 rock.
    I have small hands and i aren't a heavy hitter on the drums but i do prefer bigger drum sticks.The B`s also have a nice long length so it`s easier reaching things around the kit.I wouldn't mind getting a pair of hickory ones instead of oak just to see how they compare.

User Info Menu

At the moment, I have a pair of Vater Joey Heredia Lowrider sticks (I think that's what they're called..), Vater 5A Fusions, Nova 7As, a pair of no name maple sticks, a pair of flix sticks (don't remember what brand), two pairs of brushes, one of them Pro-Marks, the others are no names, and two egg shakers.
    Pdp LXE | Pearl ELX Export

'Give me your fingernails, oh look, the moon' - Todd Sucherman.

User Info Menu

I'll be changing the contents of my stickbag. I posted a review of a few models and found a pair that I like. http://philsfills.blogspot.ca/2013/1...f-scenery.html
    Has anyone else tried the American Classic eStick from Vic Firth?
    Tama StarClassic Bubinga
    Brady Sheoak 6.5" Snare
    Zildjian K 11, 14, 15,16,17
    Sabian Flat Hats, 22' Ride
    Trash Can Lid

Cheese-N-Ugg-Uh-Lee-Chik

http://shootthemoonband.com

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by philsmith View Post
    I'll be changing the contents of my stickbag. I posted a review of a few models and found a pair that I like. http://philsfills.blogspot.ca/2013/1...f-scenery.html
    Has anyone else tried the American Classic eStick from Vic Firth?
    They seem like a great model for electric kits, so if that's what your using them for, then i say try them out. I don't how they would hold up, or sound on acoustic kits though
    Happy Drumming!

IS15