Thread: DrumSet Identification

User Info Menu

Default DrumSet Identification

I know it's Pacific, but there aren't any other tags on it. I got it 3 years ago, and my parents lost any paper work there was. It came with the bass, three larger toms, crappy snare, crappy hats, and an even more crappy crash. Can you tell what kind it is by the picture? I went to the site and all they had up were the more expensive kits. LR

User Info Menu

Default Re: Set Identification

are you sure thats a Pacific set? doesn't look like pdp lugs.

User Info Menu

Judging from the rack tom mounts, I would say that it is one of the Chinese made entry level kits that various manufacturers buy, and sell as their own. Your description of the cymbals would be consistant with that too. I don't know what PDP would sell them as.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cdaug View Post
    are you sure thats a Pacific set? doesn't look like pdp lugs.
    Yea, it is...brand new it had and still has the pacific symbal on the bass reso head.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Judging from the rack tom mounts, I would say that it is one of the Chinese made entry level kits that various manufacturers buy, and sell as their own. Your description of the cymbals would be consistant with that too. I don't know what PDP would sell them as.
    That's prolly it PB. Thanks.

User Info Menu

It is an Asian stencil kit that PDP, Pulse Sonor Gretch blackhawk, Sunlight, I am sure i have forgotten many but they are all produced and marketed by different companies as entry level kits.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by backtodrum View Post
    It is an Asian stencil kit that PDP, Pulse Sonor Gretch blackhawk, Sunlight, I am sure i have forgotten many but they are all produced and marketed by different companies as entry level kits.
    learned something new today. thanks for the input b2d.

User Info Menu

Pacific "EZ" series.

User Info Menu

That's it. Thanks Negative Attitude! B2D, I'm guessin it's still the starter kit though right? I just needed the specific name.

User Info Menu

Yes it is a starter kit, Play it and enjoy it!

User Info Menu

Nice unique mounting system you got there

User Info Menu

What ever happened to the DW "Collar Lock" drums......they were on par with the Pearl Forum? Is it PDP that replaced them or what? This kit looks like it could be set of CL's but I dunno. Blessings.......

User Info Menu

So, after playing on these for three years...Who thinks it's time to upgrade?

User Info Menu

Me! My Gretsch Catalina Maple kit was a nice upgrade for me, and the shell pack didn't break the bank, and that's only one example.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

If you plan to stay with the drums and really pursue them, then an upgrade is appropriate. If you plan to just fool around and play for fun then the current kit you have will serve you well. I bought my son a stencil kit, until I know he is serious, I don't want to invest allot. Should he really want to stick with it he will inherit my current kit and I will get a DW collectors kit for myself of which he will also inherit someday.

User Info Menu

I did kind of the same thing BTD. I bought a ddrum D2 stencil kit when I started playing the kit. I just wanted to make sure that I had the skills to play. Once I realized that I did, I made the upgrade to the kit I needed to progress. I saved my starter kit for my son when he is discharged from the Marines.

User Info Menu

if you got the spondoolies then I say upgrade, and don't go up one level go all the way to a custom kit . do it once and do it when you have the cash, you will save in the long run.
    I started with a bill sanders practise set, then an old olympic kit[ uuggghhhhh makes me shudder to remember that]. then a set of pearl expo's, then I got smart and went for the top of the line recording Yam's. had em over 20 years and I got no need to upgrade. The same goes for the cymbals dont buy a middle of the road set and change them in a few years!! if you can only afford the hihats then buy the best, and save for the other cymbals down the road.

User Info Menu

If you plan to stay with the drums and really pursue them, then an upgrade is appropriate. If you plan to just fool around and play for fun then the current kit you have will serve you well. I bought my son a stencil kit, until I know he is serious, I don't want to invest allot. Should he really want to stick with it he will inherit my current kit and I will get a DW collectors kit for myself of which he will also inherit someday.
    hahahaha, shrewd man.

User Info Menu

Rat it is the perfect way to justify the purchase to my wife!

User Info Menu

Rat it is the perfect way to justify the purchase to my wife!
    Boy, isn't that the truth. For all these years, I didn't spend one dime on my kit. Then, I started to keep my own small "Drum" fund. That's how I bought all new hardware and upgraded my cymbals. I kept thinking that I should upgrade my drums but am glad that I didn't. The Ludwig Classics from the early 60's is a terrific line of drums. It's got the sounds and the looks and fits right in with the big band I play with. I just make sure that I have decent heads and able to replace then as necessary. As for my wife, I tell her that she's the love of my life but, I refuse to ask her for the money to buy a pair of sticks when I want them.