Thread: Commercial Links Announcement

User Info Menu

Exclamation Commercial Links Announcement

Effective today, we are no longer allowing any more commercial links. As Drum Chat has grown, it has also drawn many third party commercial parties whose only interest in joining Drum Chat is to secretly promote their own commercial interest. Because Drum Bum is it's own commercial operation, they wish to reserve the site for their own advertising use as that is the only way they can justify the continued expense of running a large forum.
    We understand and appreciate that many of you like to get opinions of others on what drumset to buy and so forth so we will continue to allow product pictures but not if they contain websites or if the pictures are more like advertisements. It will be left up to the discretion of the moderators on what is acceptable or not.
    To add a picture to Drum Chat you right click the image, select 'properties' and copy the url to your clipboard. You then click back over to Drum Chat and select the picture icon and paste the url.
    I have been working with server technicians on increasing processes for Drum Chat and it should add stability to the forum. Let one of the moderators know if you are still experiencing sluggish operation. Remember that sometimes this is the result of limited resources on your own computer. For best operation of the forum, use a high speed connection and defrag your computer now and then.
    Regards
    admin

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Re: Commercial Links Announcement

HOLA como Estas SU_ADMIN CREATIVE ARTISTIC ARTIST DRUMMER(CAT) GRACIAS for THE INFORMATION**GREAT NEWS**

User Info Menu

Default Re: Commercial Links Announcement

thanks su.

How serious is this third party sites thing, like no more youtube links? Or just places that sell other music gear?

I hope we can get better bandwidth on the site because i dont have a slow connection nor a slow computer and i get held up :(

Cheers! :>
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

You tube links are fine as long as they're not linked to commercial entities. Personal or Band MySpace pages are Ok as long as they're decent. There will be some gray areas at times. It will be up to the moderators to decide.

User Info Menu

Do moderators have post changing abilities. When i had a warning a while ago i went through my posts and took out links and edited with *Link Removed* or something simular. Maybe mods could do this when there not happy with a link otherwise i think you will find it will just stay up.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Hey guys. I guess most of you have seen this by now. They're going to add it to the overall forum rules but it isn't up yet so if you see something maybe you can just kindly tell another member about the changes. - Thanks!

Stevo, bad links or deleted threads are often removed to keep the forum cleaned out. Needless to say, sometimes we'll miss something. For the most part, I think things run pretty smoothly around here.

User Info Menu

Don't worry too much Stevo, the moderators won't suddenly turn into hitmen/hitwomen (political correctness don't ya know ). I'm as guilty as others of posting links directly to a commercial site, just because it was the only thing I knew. We just have to be sensitive to this change, and once we get used to it, it will become very natural. Hey, Drum Bum pays the bills around here, so we owe it to Drum Bum to look at their site when we need stuff, and at the very least, not promote their competition. If we kill Drum Bum because we're promoting the competition, we're killing Drum Chat, and I love it here with you guys!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Hi All...Perhaps this was already in the works and that my review of an instructional DVD, which contained a link to the web site, was coincidental, but I feel partly to blame. I appreciate the integrity of the Forum to keep everything here Above Board and limit the commercial aspects. We can make our suggestions and recommendations without endorsements. Just imagine all the terrific Threads we can post.

User Info Menu

Just a quick question, since I'm new here -- are we allowed to mention a store name where we've purchased drum gear, as long as there is no link, or is that verboten?

I just need a clarification so that I don't inadvertently cross the line in a post.

Thanks!
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

It's ok to mention a store now and then. They just don't want people here for the sole reason of promoting their business.