Thread: Drums and other recordings.

User Info Menu

Default Drums and other recordings.

Alright so Ive been looking into getting my own recording gear. I need nothing to fancy and would like to keep it simple. I figured the uses I would have would be recording cds of my own band and also helping others get demos that can not afford professional costs. Was just wondering what advice you may have and what products you may suggest. Right now this is what Im looking at.

Roland Edirol M-16DX Mixer

Audix Drum Mics

Cakewalk Software

I have ZERO experince in recording, but it is somthing that I want to learn and pursue. Any advice would be much appreciated.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drums and other recordings.

Depending on your time frame and learning ability start small.

Go on-line and download a free copy of audacity and lame. Audacity will allow multitrack recording and customization of the track. I used it to record a song I wrote. I didn't do any track modifications, just recorded what came from the amps, etc. I did all the parts myself but at different times, obviously.

If you want to record multiple track at the same time you may need something else, unless you are mixing everything before you hit the PC. But for a single track recording software, it's the easiest stuff to use.

Now, the reason you get lame is so you can convert your tracks or recordings to mp3s.

One more thing, you can record to a click track or not.
    Signature here