Thread: where on the web is good spot to find drum tabls and tabs for songs?

User Info Menu

Default where on the web is good spot to find drum tabls and tabs for songs?

I would like to learn some songs off the internet of well-known rock songs I like. i.e. Doors, Stones, Led Zeppelin, Red Hot chili peppers,
    where is a good website I cud go to to find such a thing?
    If it had the drum part alone, that would be even better.

User Info Menu

Default Re: where on the web is good spot to find drum tabls and tabs for songs?

There are numerous drum tab sites on the net. You can find most of the popular ones here:

Drum Tabs

User Info Menu

Default Re: where on the web is good spot to find drum tabls and tabs for songs?

If you know how to read drum sheet music and if you have the time you can even try listening and transcribing the song yourself onto some blank sheet music pages. I've done a few myself and it really changes the way you listen and really hearing things you might have missed before.

Definitely recommend giving it a go if you can.

User Info Menu

I have to agree that you will pick up more information with your ear than trying to read scores.

Plus, you are probably relying on someone else's interpretation and it may not be correct.

Your ears are your best teachers, IMHO.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

So, the question posed is if you can read music. If you can't, and, believe me, there are many who can't, just select anything that you feel you can play to and put together a mini-library of those tunes. Eventually, you will realize that you can develop only so far and will need the guidance of a good Teacher. As Dan and Bish pointed out being able to write transcriptions of what you hear can really teach you the finer points of music and drumming. I've done it myself, many times but, I knew how to read music first. Do what you can and have fun with that. When the time comes, give this some serious though...you'll be glad you did.

User Info Menu

Hey Elly,

If you have access to a program called Guitar Pro ( bear with me guys) you can grab tab files from 911Tab or Ultimate Guitar archive that 'suit' or are made to be used in Guitar Pro.

MANY of the GUITAR tab files have the Percussion in them also and when the file is opened using Guitar Pro it plays the song for you, runs a tracking line through the song and shows you how to play it .

You can mute the guitars and just have the drum track ( or drum and bass ) and you can slow down the tempo to half and even qtr speeds so you can really pick up how it is played.

It is a VERY handy tool.............IF you can read drum music

WELL worth a look guys

Elly, if you can read drum music - send me a PM about this program
    ' Up the Irons '