Thread: Frank's Big Band...

User Info Menu

Default Frank's Big Band...

http://www.prairie-aikikai.com/saxin...ic-recordings/

We recorded our March gig and opened with a Don Menza chart..."Groovin' Hard." It's a terrific chart and plays havoc with the sax section. Our 2nd alto put this online at the above link. click on and follow the directions...hope this works.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Frank's Big Band...

Sorry every body. Click on the link and scroll to bottom. Click on MY RECORDINGS. Everything is listed by alphabet...click on CJC BIG BAND RECORDINGS and that will get you to the recordings. Thanks!

Frank

User Info Menu

very nice frank, very nice indeed,
    What are all the other recordings on the site?

User Info Menu

Awesome Frank! I would love to watch you guys live in a dimly lit bar somewhere
    I play, Gretsch Catalina Birch, 7 piece in the vintage sunburst finish.

RIP, Frank. You will not be forgotten. Missing you, mate

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Frank's Big Band...

Hey, Frank! "Groovin'" is the right word! Will listen to all the recordings in time, but "Groovin' Hard" is playing as I post this...and to paraphrase livewire, I could picture myself playin' percussion on this one!

Is that the 2nd alto soloing? Whoever's got the sax solo is wailin' it and nailin' it! Fantastic job!

Congratulations, my friend!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

the tenor sax is d man i think

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ratmycue View Post
    the tenor sax is d man i think
    The Tenor Man is director of bands and music at Graceland University here in Iowa. He's playing tenor becuase we had the alto chairs filled when joined us about a year and half ago. He told that hel'll play tenor, if he has to, just to be in this band...he prefers alto. Man, I don't know what the exact difference is but the Man does pla sax...whoa!!

User Info Menu

yep Frank he is smokin hot , he has more range on that thing than all of the alto's put together , and I do not mean to diss any of the other players, I bet he takes some holding back when he is on a burner!!
    I had the same issues with an old music director /pianist , it was all I could do just to count the phrasing let alone hold the guy down!! some guy's are outa this world. respect to your tight band dude.

User Info Menu

Very cool Frank. I could listen to that all night!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

More tunes are now listed ... take a listen to Funk Ball...original by our 4th trumpet man.

http://www.prairie-aikikai.com/saxin...ic-recordings/

User Info Menu

Yeah, man!... I may be up a while tonight listenin'...another great tune!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

User Info Menu

I liked "Funk Ball" Frank! You guys sound really great!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

like your stuff frankie, I think I will post a new/old trio audio for ya , If I can figure out how to do it again, its not big band though but it is music.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ratmycue View Post
    like your stuff frankie, I think I will post a new/old trio audio for ya , If I can figure out how to do it again, its not big band though but it is music.

I would like that, very much...

User Info Menu

HOLA COMO ESTAS FIACOVAZ*-FRANK *CREATIVE ARTISTIC ARTIST DRUMMER(CAT) Love the Sound of the very Dynamic Textured,Colored
    Flow of all the ARTIST within Your GROUP(BIG-BAND) the arrangeMents of the Compositions were Muy ROJO CALIENTE with THE TOUCH of YOUR OWN
    ARTISTRY adds A CLASS of FINE TUNEED ARTISTIC ARTISTRY as you Really
    Compliment THe other ARTIST(CATS) PERFORMED with alot of GRACE*
    LOVE IT**Gracias *
    Last edited by STICKSWIZZARDDRAGON; 04-11-2008 at 01:44 AM.

User Info Menu

Nice sound Frank , I had some time and listened to Funk Ball , Jump Jive and Wail , and Porch Swing Swinging . Enjoyed them all . I also gotta say the tenor sax was real good , along with your fills ,love them classic Ludwigs .

User Info Menu

Good stuff.

That Groove Hard recording almost sounded like the theme for The Odd Couple. LOL
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Yeah, I know what you mean...definitely has that "2-beat" feel after the intro. Don Menza played sax with the Buddy rich band back in the day as well as many others. He's a terrific composer and it takes one helluva sax section to play his stuff. We're gettin' better all the time...

User Info Menu

Keep it cookin', man!

Charlie

User Info Menu

HOLA como ests FIACOVAZ*(FRANK) CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST (CAT) Mi amigo OPEN MINDED CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST (CAT) THE MORE I listen As all you(CATS ) blend VERY SMOOTHLY *EXCELLENT FRANK* your aRTISTRY SINGS *MI AMIGO* GRACIAS