Thread: Leedy Red White & Blue

User Info Menu

Default Leedy Red White & Blue

What do you guys think of this combination of colors? It kind of like red white, & blue, with the silver sparkle covering for white. Should I keep it like this or recover two of them in either red, silver, or blue sparkle? Thanks for any imput.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Leedy Red White & Blue

My opinion would be for all one color, but that is just me, I am more conservative that way.

User Info Menu

I'm not as crazy about it either. Nice drums though.

User Info Menu

Red,........ not keen miss matched colours, just doesnt blend some how , but thats just my opinion. The girlfriend says it dosen't count for much. though

User Info Menu

I like it. It looks like it is meant to be like that.
    It much different to a kit that is all one colour except for one drum.

User Info Menu

The colors arent too bad....................but I suggest adding a couple cymbals .

User Info Menu

Can't see the colors very well...but, knowing that you have a deep appreciation for those drums, I have no doubt that you will decide wisely about what you wish to do. BTW, my ludwigs are red sparkle.

User Info Menu

Heh, thanks for the comments. I really don't want to rewrap any of them, I don't like the idea of taking off the original wrap. That being said, if I did recover them I think I would go with the red sparkle, since the kick has some yellowing and the floor tom wrap would be hard to match, I don't think they make that particular finish anymore. The more I look at it the more I like the contrast of colors, and yes a few cymbals would add some pizzaz.
    Last edited by Johnnyringo; 04-16-2008 at 09:09 PM.

ThePloughman Guest

Dont Rewrap. You have a very classy jelly bean set up there. I like it.

User Info Menu

The full Leedy, cymbals and all.

User Info Menu

You know, there's something about it that's hard to put a finger on, but I kind of like it. If it's your statement, I say go for it. There are a lot of kits out there that make a personal statement.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I think because its all sparkle finishes it suits it. Looks very american.... or french lol.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Which way looks better, with or without the snare holding the tom? Here's a photo with the tom on a rims system hanging off a cymbal stand, and the second photo on the snare stand.

Last edited by Johnnyringo; 04-20-2008 at 05:48 PM.

User Info Menu

Personally, I like the tom on the tom mount. It just looks a bit more clean.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Leedy Red White & Blue

Would look cool for a patriotic-music program, Johnnyringo!

I had a red-white-and-blue-sparkle-striped set of Slingerlands which were made in the 1970s (may have been a special edition for the Bicentennial) and, while they were cool at the time, they looked a bit "dated" by the 1990s...

The individual drums aren't so jolting as the stripes...but I wouldn't get carried away and add other colors should you add more toms!

BTW, I agree with PB; keep the tom on the tom mount...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck