Thread: The cure for Gretschitus.....

HBdrummer Guest

Default The cure for Gretschitus.....

[IMG][/IMG]

Don't get me wrong...I still love Gretsch..my Catalina club jazz is a pint sized POWERHOUSE! I had the op. to play one of these pdp Platinum kits last weekend..I was this close (*holding up thumb and index finger to demonstrate small distance between*) to pulling the trigger on a Renoun maple groove kit..I played the renouns and they are a real sweet dance to be sure!...But these pdps are absolutely astonishing! Rock maple shells (same wood and molds used to make dw collector series) custom configs and available in wax satin oil, lacquer (gloss), exotic, and finishply (like dw)
    They come fitted with dw heads and have cool new lugs...I'm ordering my custom config. next week! Just a little heads up for those in the market for a high end (yes..I say high end) kit without making your wallet explode..look no further..I'll post pix when I get 'em home in a few weeks..Oh yeah, I'm ordering mine in the same finish as the pic I posted "Tobacco to black fade" (wax oil) Getting a 4pc. with a 20" kick drum -HB

User Info Menu

Default Re: The cure for Gretschitus.....

all i gotta say is i love my PDP's! still undecided on the new lugs tho.

User Info Menu

wow

User Info Menu

Good for you, man! I also love my PDPs. They do sound and look great.
    One note: don't expect too much from those factory DW heads. New heads will do wonders for those babies.

User Info Menu

man ive been trying to find out where to buy these but nothing comes up

HBdrummer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by peach_tx View Post
    Good for you, man! I also love my PDPs. They do sound and look great.
    One note: don't expect too much from those factory DW heads. New heads will do wonders for those babies.
    I played a kit they had in store with the d-dub heads and they sounded phenominal!!...I'll be wearing the dw heads out before I change 'em out! -HB

HBdrummer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by coke_can View Post
    man ive been trying to find out where to buy these but nothing comes up
    Check www.interstatemusic.com That's where I played the now sold (in 4 days) kit. Call them.. they can order them for you! I bought mine in the awesome retail store! -HB

User Info Menu

A cure for Gretschitis? There is no such thing! Oh, you can mask the symptoms with a PDP Platinum kit, but the the symptoms are bound to come back sooner or later!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Cool Re: The cure for Gretschitus.....

...and when you have a relapse, it hits you harder than a Louie Bellson solo!

Must admit your pdps are pretty sweet, HB...but I don't think there's a cure for "Gretschitis"...just as there's no cure for LP Syndrome!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

HBdrummer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    A cure for Gretschitis? There is no such thing! Oh, you can mask the symptoms with a PDP Platinum kit, but the the symptoms are bound to come back sooner or later!
    Maaaann..I was all over those Renouns! You ever get a chance to play a set of Platinums...you'll know

HBdrummer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro View Post
    ...and when you have a relapse, it hits you harder than a Louie Bellson solo!

Must admit your pdps are pretty sweet, HB...but I don't think there's a cure for "Gretschitis"...just as there's no cure for LP Syndrome!
    Hahahaaah! I hear ya Bbro! I still love Gretsch drums..but...pdp has really got it goin' on wih these plats!.. I will posting a buncha pix from an upcoming worship tour of beautiful Norhern WI..I' will be putting the pdps through their paces..hopefully ..I'll have 'em by then..I should..that's in mid May. LP syndrome hey? -HB

User Info Menu

Hey HB , sweet ride , congrats on the new toys comin ,make sure to post some pics if you get a chance to .

User Info Menu

Cool Re: The cure for Gretschitus.....

Quote Originally Posted by HBdrummer View Post
    Hahahaaah! I hear ya Bbro! I still love Gretsch drums..but...pdp has really got it goin' on wih these plats!.. I will posting a buncha pix from an upcoming worship tour of beautiful Norhern WI..I' will be putting the pdps through their paces..hopefully ..I'll have 'em by then..I should..that's in mid May. LP syndrome hey? -HB
    That's the hand-drummer counterpart to Gretschitis!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

"Tobacco to black fade" (wax oil) Getting a 4pc. with a 20" kick drum
    Wow....Nice colour.....
    Congrats HB....
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

Just out of curiosity, did PDP ax the LX and LXE lines?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

yes they did pb. these platinums are taking them over.

HBdrummer Guest

Yup.. Now they are offering the FS series (birch..me thinks) 805 (birch), X7 (poplar) and the Platinum (8 ply North American Rock maple)
    I know you are a Gretsch guy PB...so am I ...It was real close..but the Platinums have it! No more Gretschitus! -HB

HBdrummer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by totti View Post
    Wow....Nice colour.....
    Congrats HB....
    I just hope I'm not gonna have to wait too long once I get my order in on the 24th! Thanks! I've been looking for a high end maple shell pack..pdp delivered. -HB

User Info Menu

No sweat HB. There was a PDP LX kit that I would love to have had, so I understand. I'll always love Gretsch, but I'm also aware that there are other nice kits out there.

HBdrummer Guest

No sweat HB. There was a PDP LX kit that I would love to have had, so I understand. I'll always love Gretsch, but I'm also aware that there are other nice kits out there.
    My lil Cat. is a MONSTER tone machine! luv it..luv it.. luv it!!!
    I have to work on getting some good sound clips of the Catalinas..They are AMAZING!...Wasnt really sweatin' PB...I have been alittle wishy washy lately..Cat. maples..Renouns..New Classics...WOW!

User Info Menu

Yep, the Platinums are basically the same drums as the LX with the new lugs and different finish options: lacquer, satin oil (good coice HB), or wrap.
    The Platinum exotic is like the new LXE with a curly maple veneer (instead of birdseye or Kurillian birch).
    You're gonna dig 'em man!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HBdrummer View Post
    My lil Cat. is a MONSTER tone machine! luv it..luv it.. luv it!!!
    I have to work on getting some good sound clips of the Catalinas..They are AMAZING!...Wasnt really sweatin' PB...I have been alittle wishy washy lately..Cat. maples..Renouns..New Classics...WOW!
    Nah, I don't see you as wishy washy, just a guy that sees so many kits, and has so little time!