Thread: Going to Queensryche

User Info Menu

Default Going to Queensryche

I going to see Queensryche tonight!!! It'll be my 4th time seeing them. Scott Rockenfield is one of my favorite drummers! It's at the House of Blues, here in Vegas. It's a small venue where you can get really close (a few feet). Even the farthest place is only about 100 feet away. For those that know their music, they're doing Operation Mindcrime 1 and 2 - in their entirety!! (They're both concept albums - like The Who's "Tommy"- with talking parts in between the songs.) The stage is set up like a play plus all of your typical concert lighting effects. Then they have actors on stage with them acting out the songs, while they play them!! I saw them do Mindcrime 1 last year at the same place. It's going to be a long concert!! (And I have to be AT work by 3:00AM for a 12-13 hour shift -- looks like I'm pulling an all-nighter....)
    Regal Tip Quantum 3000 nylon tip - my weapons of mass destruction

User Info Menu

Jet City WooooMaaaan...

User Info Menu

sing those notes... you go with your bad-self!!

User Info Menu

Well, how'd it go? Tell me Queensryche hasn't stooped to having a mosh pit?

User Info Menu

The show was AWESOME!! They did Operation: Mindcrime 1 & 2!! Mindcrime 2 just came out. (I'm assuming that you know at least Mindcrime 1). They even did the talking parts in between the songs. They had it set up like a play with a set and props on stage. There were a couple of actors, acting out the songs/story while the band (entwined with the "play") played the songs! Geoff Tate would interact with the "play" and actors, while he sang. The part of Mary was played/sang by the origional woman that sang her parts on the origional album. There was a huge screen behind/above the set that showed video footage that had to do with the story/songs. It was like watching a heavy metal musical with the band on stage!! They did part 1, took a 20 minute break, then did part 2. It was AWESOME!!!!! There was no pit, no one pushed, no fights, and everyone had a great time. Try to go, if you can!!!!!

User Info Menu

First of all, the whole rock opera thing is just so beyond cool! I feel like I'm in a time warp. I've always wished Rush would do the same with 2112.

I'd like to take my boys to a concert. Were there a lot of F-bombs? Rated PG, PG-13, R?

User Info Menu

Sorry, but i'm not a huge fan of theirs, in fact I really don't like them

User Info Menu

Just the one in the lyrics of "Spreading the Disease". (25 bucks a ----). They didn't even talk to the crowd at all. A lot of drug use in the play (because that's how Mr. X does his mind control). It was still "21 and over" though...

By the way, I was standing 3 people to the right of the center and second person back!! About 8 - 10 feet from the stage!!! Sweet....
    Last edited by METAL DRUMMER; 10-11-2006 at 06:47 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by METAL DRUMMER
    By the way, I was standing 3 people to the right of the center and second person back!! About 8 - 10 feet from the stage!!! Sweet....
    Sahweet!