Thread: help!

User Info Menu

Default help!

does anyone know any good techniques or beats or something of the like to practice inverted flam taps. i feel so arkward playing them. i have to play them for my drumline tryouts in 2 weeks. can anyone help?!?

User Info Menu

Default Re: help!

These worked for me...Flam Taps played as 1+2+3+4+ with alternating flams on the beat. Then repeat the exercise as tap flams played as 1+2+3+4+ with alternating flams on the off beat. You can then use the same idea with Flam Accent #1 and Flam Accent #2. I found that Flam Accent #2 make good drum fills around the kit and use them quite a bit in my playing. Hope this helps.

User Info Menu

just play em slower, thats the only way really, get a feel for them slower, then get it faster

User Info Menu

diddling around with flamdiddles and alternating flam triplets can get your flams and taps moving in the direction you want. The flam tap can be sooooo boring and stiff to try and rip them fast, pretty much the same as practising drags, I hated that rudiment on its own. good luck and dont beat yourself up on them , it all comes with time and practse.

User Info Menu

HOLA como estas SCOTTIE07 *CREATIVE ARTISTIC ARTIST DRUMMER(CAT ) THIS is CALLED THE WIND MILL *useing THE RIGHT HAND
    FLAM STARTING with RIGHT STROKE( L/r-FLAM)LRL(R/l-FLAM)RLR--doing this
    STROKEING TECHNIQUE *As you apply this First On Just THE SNARE & THEN Useing THE RIDE (CYMBAL) with your Right HAND & then your Left HAND
    On the SNARE will create Amazing SOUNDS ACCENTS within Very TEXTURED
    RHYTHMS **& DYNAMICS **ITS A very HOT TECHNIQUE as you gain SPEED & CONTROL* GRACIAS