Thread: Whats going on with prices?

User Info Menu

Default Whats going on with prices?

Why are companys boosting prices so much lately?

Just recently, the zildjian prices, for example,

A zildjian package = 599.99$ now 609.99$

A custom pack = 649$ now 709.99$

whats going on?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Whats going on with prices?

Watch the news or read the paper. Precious metals are up and gas prices are up. It takes fuel to truck the goods to the stores. Everything is going up. It's going to get worse before it gets better.

User Info Menu

Uh..Oh...
    And it can be worse by the day....
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

Its the R word, u know Recession, no one is saying it due to it being an election year an all, but that is what you guy's are in. Gonna be even more pain after the elections i'm afraid.

User Info Menu

We are not only going to be in deep doo-doo but, we get the priviledge of paying for it too.

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Whats going on with prices?

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Watch the news or read the paper. Precious metals are up and gas prices are up. It takes fuel to truck the goods to the stores. Everything is going up. It's going to get worse before it gets better.
    Over $4/gallon for diesel in the St. Louis area...now has brass become a precious metal?

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post
    We are not only going to be in deep doo-doo but, we get the priviledge of paying for it too.
    Going to be? Brother, we're already there!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Everything is going up in value. I can get 1 dozen eggs for almost $3. Time to raise chickens and start a garden, again.

User Info Menu

The Dollar is being devalued and it's losing it's status as the world's reserve currency. Inflation is what happens when the value of money drops.

User Info Menu

The Dollar is being devalued and it's losing it's status as the world's reserve currency. Inflation is what happens when the value of money drops.
    i live in CANADA and it the same here except our dollar is going up and export is bad now for us and gaz is expensive 1.35 liter X 4 liter it make 5.40 the gallon

have a good day all

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro View Post
    Over $4/gallon for diesel in the St. Louis area...now has brass become a precious metal?
    Wow, that's actually getting close to our pricing - assuming 4 litres per gallon.
    KiwiMapexDrummer - Mapex Mafia
    Mapex M Birch 6 piece in Transparent Honey Amber.
    Sabian, Temple Percussion Cymbals
    Paiste 2002 Hats.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    *Puts on a golem like voice* AHEM "My precious zildjians! I must have the precious!"
    jimbolimbo99 Mapex Mafia

Mapex M Birch
    Sabian AA and Paragons
    Zildjian A's
    Meinl Generation X
    Dream Lion
    Trick Pro-1V

My band

My Kit

User Info Menu

it means ebay is an even better place to find a deal. no retail store = minimal overhead.
    5 Piece Pearl Reference Kit w/ Noble n Cooley Snare

6 Piece Pearl MMX Master Custom Maple
    Natural Maple Lacquer Finish

Various Zildjian K and A customs
    Paiste Signatures
    Paiste Sound Formula Reflectors

User Info Menu

Yeah the K Hybrid I just bought was listed at $359, paid $250 plus taxes, unbelievable. Will have to melt down my old cymbals and sell on the black market.

User Info Menu

The whole world is gonna be on the black market sooner or later, I think it's more secure than our market lol. We'll have a whole new case of milk and precious metal addicts lol.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Whats going on with prices?

Update on gas prices...as of 15 minutes ago at time of posting, a service station near my job at Wal-Mart was selling regular unleaded for $3.85/gallon, and diesel fuel for $4.49/gallon.

And brass isn't the only precious metal these days...we've had a rash of copper thefts in our area...people strip out the wiring and the plumbing from older homes so they can sell the copper for scrap. In fact, someone ripped out the gas pipes from a home in a St. Louis suburb last week; that house was leveled by an explosion, and nearly two dozen surrounding homes are uninhabitable due to structural damage caused by that explosion!

Dude, we're getting addicted to metal of just about any type, and I don't mean HEAVY metal either!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

ya know we could fix it in an instant if we banned speculation tradeing and futures tradeing on these products.
    Last edited by drummerdavie; 05-13-2008 at 02:11 AM. Reason: wrong word
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

Is there still speculation trading occurring in the US? You'd have thought after Wall Street crashed because of it, they'd have banned it completely. It's pretty sad we're heading towards worldwide recession again, especially at times of such political and social turmoil.
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ethel_The_Frog View Post
    Is there still speculation trading occurring in the US? You'd have thought after Wall Street crashed because of it, they'd have banned it completely. It's pretty sad we're heading towards worldwide recession again, especially at times of such political and social turmoil.
    well the reason why speculation tradeing crashed the market is because they were speculation tradeing with credit. now they require cash to trade(or the electronic equivilent) but yah speculation tradeing drove gas up to a peak of 124 a barrel a few weeks ago.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

Yay! I already can't afford the sheet bronze stuff... awesome.
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

Blame the Chinese! They have driven the world copper price sky high. A cymbal is approx. 90% copper, the rest being tin and trace metals.

all the best...