Thread: The Murphs

User Info Menu

Default The Murphs

Hey guys, i drum in a band called The Murphs, from Trumbull, CT. we are all sophmores in high school but do not suck like most other high school bands . I guess the most acurate description of our sound would be punk metal. our influences range from Nirvana to children of bodom and bassically everything else on the planet. We have a lead guitar player, a rythm guitar player, a bass player and me, the most kick arse drummer alive . we are in the process of looking for a singer but aren't having to much luck... Look for us when we get famous and come to play in your town on our world tour.
    "Bow Down To The Almighty Bunghole!"

User Info Menu

Hi Dan. Welcome to the group man. Cool band name. What's it stand for?

User Info Menu

my bands also in the process of looking for a singer i feel ur pain buddy, when ur musics good its tuff to find a singer who is equally good, and wont make ur music sound bad. he needs to do ur band justice.

User Info Menu

Hi Dan! Welcome to the forum!
    Does your band have a website or any sound clips anywhere? Always interested in hearing new music!
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

hi guys, "The Murphs" does not stand for anything, one day we were sitting in Burger King (hell yeah) and we started yelling "MURPH!" at the other customers (a good way to get kicked out) when we got back to practice later that night, we changed our name to the Murphs.

we have a myspace, but no recordings yet, if you have time, read some of the stuff on there, it's freakin hilarious

and yes, our main picture is our old lead singer (i miss you Jason)

http://www.myspace.com/themurphsband
    Last edited by Dan; 10-10-2006 at 03:06 PM.

User Info Menu

Hey, in the mean time just get a talk box and let the lead guitarist do the "singing", like Frampton.

User Info Menu

Dan, I'm so sorry man. I was posting on how much that one comment you made, (a good way to get kicked out) made me laugh... and I accidentally pressed "Edit" instead of "Quote". I'm constantly in Mod mode so I have to watch that sort of thing.

Please go back in and repost the rest of what you said. Sorry about that!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer
    Dan, I'm so sorry man. I was posting on how much that one comment you made, (a good way to get kicked out) made me laugh... and I accidentally pressed "Edit" instead of "Quote". I'm constantly in Mod mode so I have to watch that sort of thing.

Please go back in and repost the rest of what you said. Sorry about that!
    Yeah, we need a smiley face wearing a striped uniform and making "illegal contact" jestures for just such occations.

User Info Menu

LOL...Now you've got the juices flowing. I might just concoct one.

User Info Menu

what up everyone? like i said before, we lost our singer a couple months ago to college, and last month our bass player quit, due to some *ahem* bad habits of some members of our band. we were left with 2 guitar players and a poor we drummer. so we had 3 problems:
    1. no bass player
    2. so singer
    3. no P.A.

well, 3 days ago we had a new bass player come to jam with us. he learned most of our original songs in a couple hours and is way better than our old bass player. he also SINGS and has a P.A. system. !SWEET!

also, we just recorded yesterday at practice with our new bass player. the song sounds pretty good, we did with only a laptop mic and garageband. i'll try to get it up here as soon as i can.

User Info Menu

does anyone know how to convert a music file from the itunes format to mp3 format?