Thread: Fixing a Torque drum set

User Info Menu

Default Fixing a Torque drum set

Is it possible/advisable to remove the outer plastic- like layer of Torque shells to make them sound a little better?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Fixing a Torque drum set

I've never heard of or seen these. Got any links or pictures?
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

I assume you're talking about the wrap. Removing the wrap, as it is known, wouldn't improve the sound , to my knowledge. But no, it certainly wouldnt affect the drum in any way, just change the colour to the shell colour underneath.

If you're looking for a better sound, may i suggest new heads and if you have them, a tuning key.
    jimbolimbo99 Mapex Mafia

Mapex M Birch
    Sabian AA and Paragons
    Zildjian A's
    Meinl Generation X
    Dream Lion
    Trick Pro-1V

My band

My Kit

User Info Menu

I suggest you try to adjust the tension of the heads ,or maybe even try to muffle the drum to get the sound you are looking for ( or to get rid of the sound you dont want ). I wouldnt remove the wrap unless there is something wrong with the color of it .

User Info Menu

Your avatar reminds me of Roaddebris :[ Ugh we sure do miss the sarcastic fool lol

I agree with everyone else on this, just tune them up to your liking before making any durastic changes. Taking off wraps can be a pain.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

wraps have been known to choke the drum a bit but not enough to make an over the top difference
    practice tuning
    and fresh heads
    dont neglect the resonant heads
    they make a huge difference
    "I mean honestly... I don't understand how "boom-click-boom-click-boom-click"evades a drummer...." ~ Kryshah

Gretsch Catalina Club Mod
    Sabian cymbals:
    18 in. AAXplosion crash
    21 in. AA raw bell ride
    16 in. Vault crash
    14 in. AAX stage hats
    Paiste:10 in. metal splash
    Zildjian:zil-bel
    DW 7000 double pedals
    PDP hardware
    EMAD!!!

User Info Menu

Thanks, but the problem is solved. I removed the wraps, and it didn't hurt anything. They look incredible. Look on youtube "Sweet Drumset by Sandi Smith" and you will see what I mean. And I cannot find any information on this type of set, no matter how hard I look. Good or bad? lol