Thread: Fancy Footwear

User Info Menu

Default Fancy Footwear

Are there any preferences about what to put on your feet while playing? I normally wear low cut sneakers, but have played with bare feet. Are high tops any good to wear? Benefits to the above????

User Info Menu

Default Re: Fancy Footwear

It runs the gamut. Some like rubber soles for traction (or bare feet). Others like slippery soles so they can slide. I wouldn't recommend high tops or boots because your ankles will be somewhat restricted.

User Info Menu

Lately, I've been wearing PUMA's... because I'm such a "Fashion plate."

User Info Menu

I couldn't imagine wearing my combat boots to play.

User Info Menu

I wear hi-top Converse 'Chuck Taylors' all the time, but it's not like they are really tight on the ankle or anything... They have just the right amount of grip, though.

User Info Menu

HOLA COMO ESTAS BASSIST LEARNING DRUMS CREATIVE ARTISTIC ARTIST BASSIST/DRUMMER(CAT) I Wear JAZZ/TAP CAPEZIO CUSTOM MADE*JAZZ/TAP SHOES With THE TAPS ON them As I am ALSO
    A VERY SCHOOLED BALLET/JAZZ-TAP/SPANISH DANCER**THE TAPS create
    Very Unique SOUNDS & TONES when I use them For THAT UNIQUE TECHNIQUE*Plus I use them For My FOOT (PEDAL) TECHNIQUES *WHAT EVER WORKS for THE CREATIVE ARTISTIC ARTIST DRUMMER IS ALL GREAT**
    Within the JOURNEYS ** GRACIAS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by STICKSWIZZARDDRAGON View Post
    HOLA COMO ESTAS BASSIST LEARNING DRUMS CREATIVE ARTISTIC ARTIST BASSIST/DRUMMER(CAT) I Wear JAZZ/TAP CAPEZIO CUSTOM MADE*JAZZ/TAP SHOES With THE TAPS ON them As I am ALSO
    A VERY SCHOOLED BALLET/JAZZ-TAP/SPANISH DANCER**THE TAPS create
    Very Unique SOUNDS & TONES when I use them For THAT UNIQUE TECHNIQUE*Plus I use them For My FOOT (PEDAL) TECHNIQUES *WHAT EVER WORKS for THE CREATIVE ARTISTIC ARTIST DRUMMER IS ALL GREAT**
    Within the JOURNEYS ** GRACIAS
    I always thought you danced behind the drums. Muchos gracias, el gusto es mio!

User Info Menu

It's weird, but my favorite shoes for playing are an older pair of slip-on shoes with tassels. They have a rubber sole, and the sole has worn down so that they are thin enough to give me a great feel for the pedals. I sometimes wear low top athletic shoes if I am just sitting down with whatever I am wearing for the day, but I really prefer the slip-ons (and I think they add just a touch of class )
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bassist learning drums View Post
    I always thought you danced behind the drums. Muchos gracias, el gusto es mio!
    HOLA como estas BASSIST LEARNING DRUMS * CREATIVE ARTISTIC ARTIST BASSIST/DRUMMER(CAT) GRACIAS & I do Within My ARTISTRY***As this IS My DEEP PASSION within this VERY ANCIENT SPIRITUAL ANCIENT ART FORM *GRACIAS Mi amigo

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    It's weird, but my favorite shoes for playing are an older pair of slip-on shoes with tassels. They have a rubber sole, and the sole has worn down so that they are thin enough to give me a great feel for the pedals. I sometimes wear low top athletic shoes if I am just sitting down with whatever I am wearing for the day, but I really prefer the slip-ons (and I think they add just a touch of class )

Nothing like total comfort! Maybe add a fedora? Oops that's a bass thread!

I guess wearing my knee high mocassins wouldn't be a good idea.

User Info Menu

I guess wearing my knee high mocassins wouldn't be a good idea.
    Hey whatever feels right on your feet, my friend! Now that you're on the drums, no one really sees your feet anyway!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Hey whatever feels right on your feet, my friend! Now that you're on the drums, no one really sees your feet anyway!
    HOLA COMO ESTAS PASTOR_BOB CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST (CAT) EXCEPT for OTHER DRUMMER ARTIST CATS or CATRESS* that WANT to LEARN your FOOT TECHNIQUES AS this IS all VERY VERY COOL**
    WHATEVER WORKS for THE CREATIVE ARTISTIC ARTIST DRUMMER ITS ALL GREAT**Within ALL THE JOURNEYS **GRACIAS Mi amigo

User Info Menu

You have a good point there SWD, but then other drummers will understand about whatever you have on your feet!

User Info Menu

I prefer playing with naked feet. I drive the same way. I can't stand not being able to feel the pedals.

I couldn't imagine wearing my combat boots to play.
    It's not bad at all. I don't find it any different than playing in other types of shoes.
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

minnetonka moccasins baby =]
    that or barefoot but since i have a broken foot i have to wear some kind of shoe
    i also like skate shoes
    the flat bottom seems to work well
    "I mean honestly... I don't understand how "boom-click-boom-click-boom-click"evades a drummer...." ~ Kryshah

Gretsch Catalina Club Mod
    Sabian cymbals:
    18 in. AAXplosion crash
    21 in. AA raw bell ride
    16 in. Vault crash
    14 in. AAX stage hats
    Paiste:10 in. metal splash
    Zildjian:zil-bel
    DW 7000 double pedals
    PDP hardware
    EMAD!!!

User Info Menu

ive done hi tops for a while and i like them they work well, and in combat boots the only problem ive had is that there much hevyer than normal shoes so they burried the pedal first time i played in them.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Fancy Footwear

As long as they're comfortable to wear and give ya some grip on the pedals, almost anything goes (like ya said, PB, no one's gonna look at your feet when you're on the kit)!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

You have a good point there SWD, but then other drummers will understand about whatever you have on your feet!
    HOLA COMO ESTAS PASTOR_BOB CREATIVE ARTISTIC ARTIST DRUMMER *(CAT) I would Say THAT the CHANCES ARE VERY HIGH that they WOULD UNDERSTAND **PB*MI AMIGO GRACIAS

User Info Menu

I have played with a couple of different types of footwear. I wore boots one day and I really noticed the heaviness on my feet. It was uncomfortable to me. I like either a light pair of tennis shoes, sandals or bare feet. These seem to be what is most comfortable to me.
    Begin the day with a friendly voice, a companion unobtrusive. - Rush

User Info Menu

This conversation seems vaguely familiar...

http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ighlight=shoes

I like to wear Chucks and Vans mostly while I'm playing.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie S. View Post
    This conversation seems vaguely familiar...

http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ighlight=shoes

I like to wear Chucks and Vans mostly while I'm playing.
    I thought the same thing Earnie!

User Info Menu

Yeah, it happens from time to time. But as long as it gives people a chance to voice their thoughts, it's all good.