Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My PDP LXE kit

User Info Menu

Default My PDP LXE kit

Hey folks I have posted a couple pictures before on the 'Show us...' thread, but I just got a chance to take a few better shots of my kit. I have finally finished adjusting and tweaking the placement of everything on the rack, I think.
    I used to have a mid-90's Premier kit, not sure of the model. This PDP kit is SO much nicer sounding there's no comparison. Plus it looks pretty, too!

Anyway, here's what I have, (diameter x depth)
    10X8 tom
    12X9 tom
    14X12 floor tom
    22X18 Kick
    Legend 12X7 floating-shell snare
    6" Toca timbalito
    Zildjian A Custom:
    8" splash
    10" splash
    14" hi hats
    16" crash
    17" Projection crash
    18" crash
    20" Ping ride
    PDP rack
    DW 5002AD double pedals
    DW 5500 2-leg hihat stand
    Roland SPD-20 with KD-8 kick trigger, Yamaha pedal
    I use Evans heads - EC2's, Generra HDD, and Emad,
    and ProMark 5AN Naturals.

User Info Menu

Default Re: My PDP LXE kit

I tried to take some shots from behind, but couldn't get far enough back to get it all in one shot.
    Here's the best I could do:

User Info Menu

Quite a nice finish there chap! I do rather like the natural finishes. What kind of wood is that?
    Last edited by KiwiMapexDrummer; 05-02-2008 at 10:53 PM.
    KiwiMapexDrummer - Mapex Mafia
    Mapex M Birch 6 piece in Transparent Honey Amber.
    Sabian, Temple Percussion Cymbals
    Paiste 2002 Hats.

User Info Menu

Beautiful Peach! As I recall, that's a Kirillian birch outer ply. I always thought that kit looked absolutely gorgeous. One question though: what sound are you triggering to the left of the hi-hat, since you already have a double bass pedal?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Simply Stunning, Beautiful grain and fade...
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Beautiful Peach! As I recall, that's a Kirillian birch outer ply. I always thought that kit looked absolutely gorgeous. One question though: what sound are you triggering to the left of the hi-hat, since you already have a double bass pedal?
    Yes, the Kurillian is just an outer veneer over 100% maple shells.
    I use the trigger for electronic sounds from the Roland unit. Mostly sub-bass hits and stuff like that. We used to do a cover of The Who's 'Love, Reign O'er Me' and I used it for thunder sounds. We don't so that cover anymore, and now I'm actually using the thunder on an intro to one of our newer songs.
    Thanks for the compliments, guys. I am a true believer in PDP now!

User Info Menu

thats a great set, great cymbals too, A customs are some of the best cymbals made

User Info Menu

Great set, man, that finish is sick. Have you ever disliked the tone of your 14x12? My set has a low tom of those dimensions and I've already explained how the sound is sometimes not low enough for the downbeats I want.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Reminds me of someone elses kit that used to hang around DrumChat
    jimbolimbo99 Mapex Mafia

Mapex M Birch
    Sabian AA and Paragons
    Zildjian A's
    Meinl Generation X
    Dream Lion
    Trick Pro-1V

My band

My Kit

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 32ndHeartBeat View Post
    Great set, man, that finish is sick. Have you ever disliked the tone of your 14x12? My set has a low tom of those dimensions and I've already explained how the sound is sometimes not low enough for the downbeats I want.
    No, actually on this kit that tom has a great, deep tone to it. I kind of wondered about it when I ordered the kit, but it's a lot lower than you would think.
    I do tune all of my toms pretty low on this kit, though.

User Info Menu

I guess it's just the maple shells then, idk.

User Info Menu

my LX kit has the 14 x 12 and i have no problem getting it to that final low tone most of us are looking for. i also have the expansion toms with the 16" floor but don't use it much.
    great looking kit man and i agree that the PDP LX and LXE stuff is quality.

User Info Menu

That is one terrific looking kit you have there, young man.Isn't it a pleasure to play on a kit that looks as good as yours does. I bet it sounds awesome too.

User Info Menu

What are the washers on top of your ride and one crash called? What's their significance?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 32ndHeartBeat View Post
    What are the washers on top of your ride and one crash called? What's their significance?
    They are Aquarian cymbal springs; they are a must for heavy hitters/loud rock players. They help save my cymbals without a doubt (without getting into the whole breaking cymbals/technique debate) by absorbing a lot of force to the cymbals. Matter of fact, I need to rearrange them so that the one currently on my ride gets moved to my left hand crash...

fiacovaz- Yes sir, it is a pleasure to play on this kit. It is both the best looking AND best sounding kit I have ever owned!
    Thanks again guys!

User Info Menu

Peach, what do you use with your Octapad? Also, what do you trigger? Sound source?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Peach, what do you use with your Octapad? Also, what do you trigger? Sound source?
    I just use the Roland SPD-20 as a self-contained unit. It has a ton of cool sounds, but doesn't allow you to add your own samples without linking it to an external sampler. They make one called the SPD-S that acts as a sampler also, but doesn't have as many good on-board sounds. And the kick trigger is just hooked straight to the Roland.

If you want to hear some of it, go to my band's myspace page at:
    http://myspace.com/neplusultra007
    There are 4 sample songs and links to the rest of the CD. All of the electronic/effect/percussion stuff on those songs is from the Roland pad. Basically, if you hear something that's not guitar, bass, or acoustic drums/cymbals, it is the pad.

(and give me a little slack on the drum tracks on the songs, we tracked that CD in a weekend with no overdubs or fixes!)

User Info Menu

I'm blown away by your bands music, Todd, so much infact that I added Grievance to my MySpace. The lead singers voice is freakin amazing and your kit sounds grand. Good work, bro.

User Info Menu

Wow Peach, your singer sure has a soulful sound, and your drumming compliments her beautifully! Good stuff!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Thanks guys!
    Yeah, this band is all about putting the vocals right out front & letting them shine! Our lead singer Johanna is just unbelievable.
    BTW, personnel changes: one of the backup singers & one of the guitarists have changed since we recorded that CD over a year ago. Our new stuff is quite a bit heavier too, but has even more space for the vocals. I'll let you guys know when we record our new stuff...

User Info Menu

I'd love to hear it! Don't lose that lead singer, or the drummer!

User Info Menu

Peach that's a gorgeous kit! Love the natural finishes, and that fade is SWEET!!
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

Very nice, hard to beat Pacific drums for the price and quality
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Re: My PDP LXE kit

Quote Originally Posted by peach_tx View Post
    I tried to take some shots from behind, but couldn't get far enough back to get it all in one shot.
    Here's the best I could do:

HOLA COMO ESTAS PEACH_TX**CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST (CAT) MUY (ROJO -CALIENTE ) TAMBORES MUY BELLA MI AMIGO
    GRACIAS **

User Info Menu

I said it before and Im gonna say it again , the color is awesome , I really like that . The Zildjians go quite nice with it too . I like the looks of the black head on the BD also . Very good lookin set Peach .