Thread: drum music

User Info Menu

Default drum music

Ive learned to read drum music really well.
    Just one problem >
    I cant find any <I dont want tabliture I would like to find drum music for some classic rock songs and I have come up empty.

Any suggestions

User Info Menu

Default Re: drum music

Hmmm im not sure. You could try figuring them out yourself and try writing some music for them. That could be fun. I normally try to look at tabs to get a good sense of the idea and just listen to it and try to copy it. Its cool to give your own interpretation. If you have a drum teacher or something you could ask them to teach you or see if they have any tabs.

User Info Menu

I think if you were to "Google" some of your favorite bands/musicians, you might be able to find what you're looking for. From time to time, I pick up drum sheet music to specific big band tunes by my favorites. A couple of months ago, I "Googled" Gordon Goodwin and found a drum book with several of his compositions...just what I was looking for.

User Info Menu

This is interesting. I never really thought of getting drum music. That would certainly help me down the road when I get a bit better.
    Begin the day with a friendly voice, a companion unobtrusive. - Rush

User Info Menu

i try to do it all by ear
    that way you get a feel for the style of the song not just which drum is hit when
    "I mean honestly... I don't understand how "boom-click-boom-click-boom-click"evades a drummer...." ~ Kryshah

Gretsch Catalina Club Mod
    Sabian cymbals:
    18 in. AAXplosion crash
    21 in. AA raw bell ride
    16 in. Vault crash
    14 in. AAX stage hats
    Paiste:10 in. metal splash
    Zildjian:zil-bel
    DW 7000 double pedals
    PDP hardware
    EMAD!!!

User Info Menu