Thread: Spanish battery gig at the Chillingham

User Info Menu

Default Spanish battery gig at the Chillingham

This is the latest gig my band, spanish battery, has done. Only got two videos uploaded hopefully more in the coming few days.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=33536527

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=33527726
    caution drummer may bite

User Info Menu

Default Re: Spanish battery gig at the Chillingham

Hey man, good job!!

Sounded like a fun party!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Spanish battery gig at the Chillingham

Hey, styx, sounds like you were channeling Eric Burdon and the Animals on "How Many More Years?" Great bluesy groove, mate, especially when that harp kicked in!

And you guys were havin' fun with "Walkin' Blues," too...I thought your vocalist was playin' a shaker at first but he was shakin' that mic for all he was worth!

Can't wait to hear your next set of vids!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Should have a gig coming up in July, if anyone in the north of the uk could come along and support us i'd be very grateful. Cheers Bongobro, i wouldn't have chosen to film those songs myself, we have many better ones, but anyway it was a good night.
    caution drummer may bite

User Info Menu

Nice Styx! The band sounds good. What I especially liked was the cool sounds of the drummer!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

nice stuff, how far north in england are ya? and why is the lead singer holding a pint glass on stage? and is that a sabian cymbal bag on the dance floor?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ratmycue View Post
    nice stuff, how far north in england are ya? and why is the lead singer holding a pint glass on stage? and is that a sabian cymbal bag on the dance floor?
    We are based in and around newcastle. I have no idea why he was holding the pint, kind of became his gimmick it would seem. Ans yes that is a sabian cymbal bag, I think atleast, we were being supported by another band and their drummer probably left his cymbal bag on the floor infront of the stage.

Thanks PB, I'm hoping to expand my kit with maybe a few more cymbals, another bass drum or maybe a subkick. But first I need to change my electric kit, hoping for a Roland HD1 but first I have to sell my traps electric kit, any takers? Hoping for about £200
    caution drummer may bite

User Info Menu

i could go for some ham and peas puddin right now man and a newcastle brown. What circuit you playing?

User Info Menu

playing pubs mostly, but I've got contacts in the fact my dad plays in some better known bands in the north- The Mojitos, Scratch the Surface; i've played in clubs before though, :( not really a good experience though considering the singer couldn't really sing lol. Done a couple weddings and played other corporate events before aswell. but anyway i digress, I'll keep anyone interested in coming along on the 4th of July on Times and Location lol- still haven't been informed of the loctation lol.
    caution drummer may bite

User Info Menu

I would love to come by. but I got a real long trip now acraoss the pond I'm afraid. Your dad use a booking agency for his bands? do you? you semi pro?

User Info Menu

i don't know if my dad uses an agency, but the drummer in 1 of them books bands to play in the bars he runs. we don't have an agency yet, we've only done like two gigs and i don't think some of the band are as serious as I am about making money. As for semi pro, how would you define that? I'm sure my other band used to be.
    caution drummer may bite

User Info Menu

hey stix, thx for the response, I mean you guy's are serious about yor music, still kinda holding down a job but hoping for a contract deal, with a view to going full time playing?

User Info Menu

I would like to go full time, then again I'm still in school and also the rest of the band seem to want to do it just for the fun of it; i mean you could have fun, and get paid at the same time right? But I should have a few gigs depping for my dad's bands, that all hinges on the management allowing me.
    caution drummer may bite