Thread: Drum Sampling

User Info Menu

Default Drum Sampling

Any of you guys do any drum sampling?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drum Sampling

Gee Drummer, I didn't know you could do that! I thought you either bought a drum kit, or you didn't!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

i am currently chasing my vision of seamlessly weaving in and out of preprogramed drum loops all the while holding down the pocket and providing some extra ear candy with my accustics....exciting stuff.

User Info Menu

too hard basket. the ways amount and qualities you need i dont see any point. I just download them.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

i do a lot of sample recordings, of many instruments including drums CUrrently i am working on a project of handcrafted african drums.

is there something specific that you wanted to know drummer? or did you just want to know someone who did it?

btw drums are easy to sample instruments that have a legato between notes are a nightmare.

Have you heard of BFD... by fxpansion? It is by far the best and most realistic drum sample software and it is easily triggered with an e-kit. Currently, most pro soundcards for computers will not give you a better latency than about 3ms, and even though this is a small amount of time, a drummer can feel it.

BFD (stands for what you think it does, BIG DRUMS) and it has so many expansions that it is 550Gb on the hard drive. It is a ridiculously huge application of samples.

When software gets that big - you have to ask ... "should i really be getting a real drum kit and some mics?" But for moments when you need to get a rhythm down quickly, and dont want to mic up the kit , this is the one that most producers choose

User Info Menu

THere must be a way to install it without the samples and just have sample packs you install when you want to use them?
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

hello stevo42w ,

how is it over there in WA?

Quick QUote:

THere must be a way to install it without the samples and just have sample packs you install when you want to use them?

what i do is ive got a couple of those firewire hard drives they are really cheap now... and if im making a rock song - i plug in the rock samples.. if im doing a classical - in goes the timpanis and orch perc hard drive... etc

of course you dont need all the expansion packs with it .. without any expansion packs the software is only about 20 gig, and these kits are really great - the best recordings i have heard.

i have been in a position where i have had the opportunity to hear most of em.

in the hands of a real drummer, this software could create tracks that fool other drummers into thinking that it was real~