Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any Mapex Fans....

User Info Menu

Default Re: Any Mapex Fans....

Just so that I don't end up with the same problem, I do have to say that I think the finish on that Mapex kit is awesome 2slow.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Bruarm, I like your sense of humor!

It was a joke, wasn't it?
    Ummm, yeah, it was a joke, yeah...that's it...a joke...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by backtodrum View Post
    It is more serious than you think PB, I found a severed horse head in my bed because I don't play Mapex. It shook me up..........
    It wasn't me...this time....

User Info Menu

I went to my local music store this weekend since i knew they stocked alot of mapex drums. After seeing how nice the mapex kits ive seen on this site were, i decided to take a look. Im now the proud owner of a transparent midnight black 6pc. M birch kit! They sound awesome. I was really impressed at the quality of their product. I couldnt justify spending the extra money on a tama starclassic birch kit when this kit was easily as good quality and sound and so much cheaper on the price.

User Info Menu

Oooooh, that's a nice kit! Congrats on the purchase!
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Beave View Post
    I went to my local music store this weekend since i knew they stocked alot of mapex drums. After seeing how nice the mapex kits ive seen on this site were, i decided to take a look. Im now the proud owner of a transparent midnight black 6pc. M birch kit! They sound awesome. I was really impressed at the quality of their product. I couldnt justify spending the extra money on a tama starclassic birch kit when this kit was easily as good quality and sound and so much cheaper on the price.
    this is why i have mapex kits not because i love mapex it's because when i shop for drums i have a type of kit in mind and search for the best deal and it just seems that the mapex fit the bill . And I am real close to putting in an order for an m birch kit myself !! There are no stores here with mapex so i must buy sight/sound unseen and from pics i've seen the transparent cherry is the ticket for me! Beave hows about some pictures !
    E Drums !! !

There are no loud instruments just loud players !

Protect Your Hearing !!!!

User Info Menu

hey 2slow, sigler music center on ebay has VERY good deals on mapex m birches.
    639$ i believe

User Info Menu

I got the 22,8,10,12,14, 14snare kit with the tom stands, no bass drum pedal or cymbals stands since i already have some for $599. I mean, you just cant pass up a true all birch kit with a finish that nice for that kind of price. I dont have a camera but as soon as i can borrow one ill post some pics.

User Info Menu

good for you Beave, Enjoy!

User Info Menu

Congrats on the new kit Beave!!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Beave View Post
    I got the 22,8,10,12,14, 14snare kit with the tom stands, no bass drum pedal or cymbals stands since i already have some for $599. I mean, you just cant pass up a true all birch kit with a finish that nice for that kind of price. I dont have a camera but as soon as i can borrow one ill post some pics.
    HOLA COMO ESTAS BEAVE *CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST (CAT) THATS FANTASTIC Mi AMIGO CNA'T WAIT TO see the PICTURES ** GRACIAS

User Info Menu

Man, I saw a 7 piece Mapex Pro M kit today in the Honey Maple finish. It was a 3 up (8, 10, 12) and 2 down (14, 16) with all the toms suspended. When I told the owner of the store (with whom I had become friends) how beautiful they were, he told me that retailers and manufacturers are all hurting, so Mapex reps had pressured him to take some kits by giving him some great deals. Then he told me that if I wanted to trade in my drums, he would give me a price better than what was marked on the drums. I have to say that I was really tempted. I would have had to play them first, but they really were beautiful!

User Info Menu

Man, I saw a 7 piece Mapex Pro M kit today in the Honey Maple finish. I was a 3 up (8, 10, 12) and 2 down (14, 16) with all the toms suspended. When I told the owner of the store (with whom I had become friends) how beautiful they were, he told me that retailers and manufacturers are all hurting, so Mapex reps had pressured him to take some kits by giving him some great deals. Then he told me that if I wanted to trade in my drums, he would give me a price better than what was marked on the drums. I have to say that I was really tempted. I would have had to play them first, but they really were beautiful!
    That must be this kit http://www.mapexdrums.com/drums/prom/PM7287.html.

<- here's me drooling...and I just those wood grain finishes!! I would be all over that like flies on, well, you know...
    bruarm - Mapex Mafia
    Mapex Pro M fusion kit natural finish
    Zildjians:
    14" K Custom Dark hats
    14" K Heavy Ride
    10" & 12" A fast splashes
    14", 16" & 18" A fast crashes
    Pearl Eliminator double kick
    Pearl free-floater brass snare (the deep one!!)
    not one, but 2 cowbells!!

User Info Menu

Man, I saw a 7 piece Mapex Pro M kit today in the Honey Maple finish. I was a 3 up (8, 10, 12) and 2 down (14, 16) with all the toms suspended. When I told the owner of the store (with whom I had become friends) how beautiful they were, he told me that retailers and manufacturers are all hurting, so Mapex reps had pressured him to take some kits by giving him some great deals. Then he told me that if I wanted to trade in my drums, he would give me a price better than what was marked on the drums. I have to say that I was really tempted. I would have had to play them first, but they really were beautiful!

Lets see Electric and Mapex now thats what I'm talkin about...

E Drums !! !

User Info Menu

The blue (electric kit) is beautiful too, 2slow!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by backtodrum View Post
    The blue (electric kit) is beautiful too, 2slow!
    thanks buddy !
    E Drums !! !

User Info Menu

I know 2slow is gonna stalk me if I don't post some pics of my Mapex kits in this thread.......my Orions........
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

beautiful kit and color Norske, really nice!

User Info Menu

That is sweet Norske

ps your signature needs a little embellishment if you follow my train of thought.....
    Dustin Lee Burgess
    Northfleet, England
    mapex mafia & paiste posse

User Info Menu

I guess I should post mine, too. I still have one Mapex kit and will probably keep it.

Here's the first Mapex kit I owned. I was an MBirch and I bought it strictly due to color, features and price. I wasn't at all disappointed. This kit also has played to crowds of up to 15,000 people. (Video available upon request.)

Here's my first set of Saturns. Loving these babies. These are the ones I'm keeping.

And here's the other set of Saturns I owned for a short time. These were traded for the Pearls.

Signature here

User Info Menu

Wow Bish! You've sure got a good eye for kits! BTW, I am officially requesting video!

User Info Menu

Wow Bish! You've sure got a good eye for kits! BTW, I am officially requesting video!
    Thanks, PB.

Uh, video of what?
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Love that colour on the M Birch Bish
    I really wanted that blue / black on my Saturns but it was a limited edition at the time. A few weeks after buying mine, Mapex decided to make the colour a perminant addition to the range!
    Last edited by Dustin; 06-01-2008 at 06:58 PM.
    Dustin Lee Burgess
    Northfleet, England
    mapex mafia & paiste posse

User Info Menu

Hmmmmm, I wonder why all these kits look familiar.... Who cares?! I don't mind seeing them over and over and over....

BTW, the first time I saw a Mapex kit was in a rehearsal room that my band was in for like 9 weeks or something. It was a Mars Pro SE back in like 1998. I laughed at it. Nine weeks later I was begging my parents for the exact same set for Christmas, well different color, but everything else was the same.
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Thanks, PB.

Uh, video of what?

I was referring to this:

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Here's the first Mapex kit I owned. I was an MBirch and I bought it strictly due to color, features and price. I wasn't at all disappointed. This kit also has played to crowds of up to 15,000 people. (Video available upon request.)