Thread: F`in extatic .....

User Info Menu

Default F`in extatic .....

ok you guys know i left my last band ....reason ...myself and the bassist/singer couldn`t get along .......wellllllllllllllll ........i`ve just had the first rehearsal with my new band ...and ........welll ...wow ...i couldn`t asked for mwre ....we got through 9 songs off the bat ....i`ll even tell you what they were i`m so extatic !!

all along the watchtower
    message in a bottle (i wanna drop it cos it doesn`t fit)
    tush
    parisienne walkway
    rock me baby
    since i`ve been lovingf you
    long train running
    ziggy stardust
    sweet home alabama

man ...we rocked !!sorry i`m being bigheaded ....but it`s not often the first rehearsal goes so well

i`ll gibe you the name of our guitarist ...but i`m not gona tell you who he played for cos i`ll get called a liar and i`m too old for all that greif ...lol....his name is Dave Murray you work it out
    Last edited by pinkfloyd; 10-11-2006 at 07:53 PM.

User Info Menu

dude ..Congrats on finding a great band to play with
    PRACTICE SAFE BANGING!!! play drums! My Pearl Session Kit

User Info Menu

cool, esp seweet home alamaba

User Info Menu

No freakin' way dude!!!
    Are you guys gonna do any Maiden tunes? It's not every day you get to play with a legend.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 1DrumBum
    No freakin' way dude!!!
    Are you guys gonna do any Maiden tunes? It's not every day you get to play with a legend.

naaa ...he`s had enough of playing them ..lol ...i was really surprised when he agreed to play .The other guitarist ,John, is good mates with him and john decided to join and dave just came along for the crack initially but when we`d finished he agreed to come back next week . Dont know if he`s in for the long haul with us but was amazing playing with him just in the rehearsal studio .Would be great to hit the stage with him. Makes it tough to concentrate on drumming when all you want to do is watch him shredding the guitar though..lol...The other guy john is just as good .

can`t wait till next week !!

dave

User Info Menu

I'M NOT WORTHY!!!
    Welcome back, by the way. I thought maybe you'd gone Bruce Wayne on us and had run off to the monastery to study kung fu or something.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddebris
    I'M NOT WORTHY!!!
    Welcome back, by the way. I thought maybe you'd gone Bruce Wayne on us and had run off to the monastery to study kung fu or something.
    hehe ...naa ...i`ve had a damn awful stomach bug thats been going around so i`ve been bed-ridden for a few days .feeling much better now ,apart from not adjusting my stool up when i played on the studio kit last night so i`ve got a real bad back at the mo ,the perils of being really tall ..

cheers for noticing i was missing !!

dave

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pinkfloyd
    ...awful stomach bug... adjusting my stool .
    HAHAHAHA!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddebris
    HAHAHAHA!!!

geeee thanx ..lol...you wait till you`re sick i`ll come take pics of you looking really rough and post them on here ...lol

dave

User Info Menu

No, no. Not making fun of you beeing sick. Just thought that was a funny slip there.

User Info Menu

wow playing with dave murray. thats incredible, are u planning on doing like any big shows in the future or is it just kind of a jam band, just to play so you dont get rusty.
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

Cool F'in extatic...

Hey, bro'--glad to hear the news...you've got every reason to be "extatic!" High-fives to ya, mate!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

dude your freekin hero
    Eskimos

User Info Menu

WOW!! your playing with Dave Murray?!?!?!?!?
    Somebody told me he has the same birthday as me, but idk..
    ask him if his birthday is on December 23rd.
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

my birthday is December 17th..what you guys gunna get me?!

User Info Menu

yeah his birthday is 23rd december (1956....shhhhhhhhhhh)...exactley 1 month before mine ,not 1956 though ..lol.

I doubt i`ll be playing any shows with him .he`s got his own things going on but it`s great to be able to rehearse and learn from him . It`s great to have somone like that to comment on your playing , really gives you a boost when it`s going well .

bad news is the bass player has backed out, he was mainly a jazz bassist but wanted to give rock a try .he played really well but i don`t think his heart was really into the music ,but i`ve found 3 more that want to give us a crack so hopefully it`ll all be resolved on wednesday .fingers crossed !!

dave

User Info Menu

I imagine it should be pretty easy to drum (heehee) up interest in your group.

Hey, by the way, taking request? No I'm not the drunk guy in the second row that keeps screaming "ffFFRreebird!". I'd love to hear you guys cover BOC's "Godzilla" though.

User Info Menu

*hickups* FFFREEEEEBIIIRD!!" *hick*

User Info Menu

is dave murray still playing with Iron Maiden, because today in my english class my teacher was mentioning that they were coming to Toronto to play. I immediately thought of Pink Floyd and was wondering if he [Dave Murray] was playing with both or not.
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

OMG!! guess what guys? I REALLY DO HAVE THE SAME BIRTHDAY AS DAVE MURRAY!!
    aaaaaaaaaaaaah.......... that is soo cool...
    lol
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =