Thread: In Articulo Mortis

User Info Menu

Default In Articulo Mortis

I've got a project going with a friend. I'm finally able to start working on it a bit. My friend does all electronic stuff as he can't physically play an instrument. He's got a classical background. He approached me about recording acoustic drums along to his electronic stuff and I thought it was a rad idea. The idea of how we were going to go about this has changed a few times (as any new band does). His normal music project is called Patchwork Perspective, which I was going to work under until he decided to separate the two as the stuff with me is geared much more towards metal and hardcore than his other stuff. So he came up with the name In Articulo Mortis, which is Lain for "at the point of death". One of the changes we made to the group was not to use an actual guitarist or bassist. So I went over to his house and we worked on getting something closer to a heavily distorted guitar sound on his program. I also showed him some basic beats to use so he could throw ideas at me for the drums. That took a while since I've never seen any programs like this before.

The first song he's given me to work on is called Cotton Candy Death. It's kinda a new genre which he describes as Carnival music + Metal = Three-ring Metal. It's pretty neat and I'm excited to get to work on it. I'll eventually have to devise a way to record myself so we can blend my drums with his programming. I'll need mics, a mixer.... everything. I'll probably roll with Carvin stuff as it's quality and fairly inexpensive.

Anyways, I'll probably post the stuff up on my "artist" myspace page.
    http://www.myspace.com/shurikenmetal
    (never mind the URL name, it was for an old band that never took off & I can't find a better one to replace it)
    Last edited by quikstang2; 05-09-2008 at 02:25 PM.
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

Cool Re: In Articulo Mortis

Quote Originally Posted by quikstang2 View Post
    ...So he came up with the name In Articulo Mortis, which is Lain for "at the point of death"...
    http://www.myspace.com/shurikenmetal
    Sounds intriguing...will look forward to hearing it...does he need a hand drummer (LOL)?

I recognized the phrase, since it's similar to "in hora mortis nostre" ("at the hour of our death" in Latin). Your buddy must have one heck of a mind!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Default Re: In Articulo Mortis

As long as it's not math (which I'm convinced is nothing more than witchcraft and trickery), he can be considered a genius in the subject.

You never know man. When I get myself recorded and we listen to it, we just might decide that it'll need something else... like percussive brutality or something. I'll keep you in mind.
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

Used to be a local gothic rock band called 'In Articulo Mortis'. About 5+ years ago. yar

User Info Menu

Yeesh. Sounds like we're going to have to give the name its honor back.