Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: running out of room,,lol-whats in your area..

User Info Menu

Default running out of room,,lol-whats in your area..

I was practicing my drums today and when i sat down I realized I have more stuff in one area than a professional packrat.

I have my drum set,I have a music stand,I have my laptop.
    I have my notebook..I have a small boom box that I use for drum music to play along with ,I have a set of headphones and I have a small stack of cd's..Its getting harder to find my drums.

Whats in tour area

User Info Menu

Default Re: running out of room,,lol-whats in your area..

I have to face my drums against the wall, so I can sit behind them comfortably. I am surrounded by speaker cabs, monitors, cds and a futon. This place is small to begin with. Now it's a lot smaller. Kind of looking for a bigger place, most likely with my girl. We each pay rent and it's not good!

User Info Menu

By the end of the month, I'll have tons of sheet music, method books, cd player, monitor, sticks, stickbag, drum machine, music stands, extra cymbals, stands, practice pad, etc. laying all around a 6 X 6 area in the corner of our family room. My wife gets sick of looking at it and cleans it all up and sticks most of it in the closet. I then, little by little, take things out one at a time and it ends up looking like it did the month before. This seems to be an ongoing cycle, LOL. I feel for my wife. I need to try harder to keep it picked up and/or neat. I just wish I had a separate room for all of this stuff so I could leave it set up and "busy" the way I like it.

User Info Menu

I don't require a lot of space and stuff, other than the kit and my ipod and I am good.

User Info Menu

Try facing your kit to the wall in the corner. I recently did this and got so much more room out of it.
    I play, Gretsch Catalina Birch, 7 piece in the vintage sunburst finish.

RIP, Frank. You will not be forgotten. Missing you, mate

User Info Menu

And the problem is???? Ahhh, okay, the "residual" gear. Not a problem at all, get rid of furniture. I have drums all over the darn house, and when it becomes a problem, I just take furniture out of that room! Now I have enough extra furniture to make a tv room in the basement.....that stuff shouldn't be in the way of my drums to begin with!
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

But the guitarists need somewhere to sit

I have a couch, entertainment center, 3 amps, stereo, giant chest for my moms craft crap, a book shelf, and a roll top desk. Then a drum set

User Info Menu

In addition to my drums that are set up I have:
    -my vintage kit
    -lots of spare parts/drums
    -a bed
    -a night stand
    -an armoire
    -a couple foot lockers
    -cd towers
    -desk chair
    -other crap that's not supposed to be in my room
    -a guitar I stll can't play
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

my small room is so packed it aint funny. i have a 7pc kit setup to practice on, a large flight case that holds my 4pc gig kit, percussion section w/ congas, djembe, perc tree with tray and several perc instruments, cases for all drums, 2 cymbal cases, 2 hardware bags, a 4x10 bass guitar rig, 2x12 guitar rig, a large 15" powered monitor, 4 guitar cases, 12ch mixing board, a couple boxes of chords and accesories and a 24tr digi recorder. wheeew!!

its been rearranged but this is the size of the room...

User Info Menu

OMG...the DrumMonster swallowed Funky...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain View Post
    my small room is so packed it aint funny. i have a 7pc kit setup to practice on, a large flight case that holds my 4pc gig kit, percussion section w/ congas, djembe, perc tree with tray and several perc instruments, cases for all drums, 2 cymbal cases, 2 hardware bags, a 4x10 bass guitar rig, 2x12 guitar rig, a large 15" powered monitor, 4 guitar cases, 12ch mixing board, a couple boxes of chords and accesories and a 24tr digi recorder. wheeew!!

HOLA como estas FUNKYMCSTAIN CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST(CAT) Love YOUR TAMBORES VERY ROJO CALIENTE & THE ART WORK within YOUR BACK-GROUND VERY TEXTURED ART WORK LOVE IT **Mi amigo GRACIAS

User Info Menu

I LOVE your Tapestry!!

User Info Menu

My space is a bit cramped, but not overly. All that surrounds me is a nightstand type thing to the left f my set that holds a cd player, old hihats, a blacklight, cd collection, and cranberry juice. To the right is complete space, so I'm pretty free while playing. The only thing I really need in the first place is my iPod, it's all good.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Cool Re: running out of room,,lol-whats in your area..

Funkster, I love that tapestry, man...

My drum room is what used to be our dining room! Against one wall is my 5-piece Percussion Plus kit, and across the way are my black CPs, djembe and bongos. Just imagine what it would be like with all my other congas and bongos in a room roughly 8' square with two clothes closets, a filing cabinet and a clothes dryer intruding into the space! (Photo not available since Niecy Nash from "Clean House" would be over here in seconds!)
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Ha...just doing the final touches on my area for an upcoming jam on june 21......I now have a 24' x 24' room dedicated to music...........well actually 1/2 is carpeted for a band set up......by the time the kit, foh speakers & stands, monitors, keyboards, 4X12 git cab, and the various git/bass amps are in place it sure eats up a lot of space.....my problem is I only get about 6 months of use due to the weather up here....to expensive to heat....will be back to a little corner 6 X 9 attic type room for the winter.

User Info Menu

Cool Re: running out of room,,lol-whats in your area..

Riff, sounds like you're thisclose to building a recording studio...some people don't even have whole houses that big!

What a set-up, man!

Cheers!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

yea b-bro....can never have enough gear....got enough stuff for a band, but my band has only one member...lol...gonna have to learn it all....no recording gear yet......hey, what can i say...you can't beat the garage band sound.
    all the best
    Gerry

User Info Menu

I have a cabinets directly behind me at neck height. then full stacks on either side of me. My only way out is to crawl under the cabinets and behind the stacks (without tripping over wires).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by STICKSWIZZARDDRAGON View Post
    HOLA como estas FUNKYMCSTAIN CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST(CAT) Love YOUR TAMBORES VERY ROJO CALIENTE & THE ART WORK within YOUR BACK-GROUND VERY TEXTURED ART WORK LOVE IT **Mi amigo GRACIAS
    LOL WHAT A CRAZY GUY!
    What do your posts mean?!

User Info Menu

Vike, you'll learn how to understand SWD's posts. He has his own way of expressing himself, and he is a very respected member. He is a very positive and creative man.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

trippy art work!

User Info Menu

Wow.

In my drum room I have a 5 piece and a guitar and a keyboard and a big freezer and lots of rubbish and socks and guitar cases and microphone stands and general bad smells. Oh, and temperature fluctuations from 23 to 95 degrees.
    - Zack

User Info Menu

awesome drum kit. I am really confortable with my drums...xexexexe

User Info Menu

my kit is in my room so yeah theres the kit, computer, bed and stuff its really messy
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

I guess I'm lucky then. I have drums out in my workshop, where most of my gizmos and gadgets are. Lots of room and total privacy too.

all the best...