Thread: wuhan?????

User Info Menu

Default wuhan?????

are the "s" splashes better than the traditional??????
    silver Percussion Plus 5pc.

14" Paiste 3000 heavy hats

16" Sabian b8 pro thin crash

20" Paiste 502 plus ride

User Info Menu

Default Re: wuhan?????

The S Wuhans are the only ones that I would go for personally. I owned a traditional china/splash after desperately wanting something else on my set... Every show I went to, someone would comment on how bad it sounds, "Why do you even have that?"
    I guess it could be that I used as a primary thing too much, but maybe if you want to experimetn with your playing a little bit and add that trash sort of sound, you could try these out.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

would a wuhan S be any good? im kinda on a budget cuz im 15 and don't have time for a job.wut are some other cheap splashes?
    silver Percussion Plus 5pc.

14" Paiste 3000 heavy hats

16" Sabian b8 pro thin crash

20" Paiste 502 plus ride

User Info Menu

A decent budget splash would be the Paiste Alpha series, lots of professionals use them.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

I only seen that WUHAN only crafting a good Traditional China Cymbals....

Anything else like modern Crash, Rock Crash is sound much like every other crappy cymbals....

I think Paiste alpha or Bronze Sheet Zildjian line would be good for low budget Splashes....
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

One of the finest drummers it has been my personal pleasure to know uses the wuhan S as his primary ride. The series is labeled "S" so as to distinguish it from the traditional series...S for shiny. I have heard him play it several times and it is a bright, piercing cymbal. Not needing another ride, I did add the Wuhan 10" splash to my lineup and am very happy with it. For those of you with budgetary constraints, which includes most of us, the Wuhan series can serve you well.

User Info Menu

I have heard a couple of splashes that I liked real well and a china or two if it is a 18" to 20", any thing smaller the china cymbals I have heard sound like pot lids. They seem to be hit and miss for me. I guess that rings true for the big three as well, there is always a dud in the mix somewhere.

User Info Menu

my cheap splash of choice is a sabian b8 pro 10" but you should listen to a bunch to find a good one.
    5 Piece Pearl Reference Kit w/ Noble n Cooley Snare

6 Piece Pearl MMX Master Custom Maple
    Natural Maple Lacquer Finish

Various Zildjian K and A customs
    Paiste Signatures
    Paiste Sound Formula Reflectors

User Info Menu

I had been recommended the S Wuhans by rritter and I got way more cymbal that I expected. I brought them to a gig and used them for the first two sets and no one in the band had a clue. I then switched back to my regular Zildjian ZXT's ( at the time ) and after the end of the night, no one said a thing.

Yes, they sound different than Zild's and Sab's and Paiste's but they don't sound bad. I use mine at practice and really like the way the sound. I've owned them 3 years now.

Music123 ran a sale for the Wuhan S series including a 20" ride, 16" med crash, 14" hats and free 10" splash and cymbal bag for $190.00 USD. How can you beat that? Oh yea, free shipping.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post
    One of the finest drummers it has been my personal pleasure to know uses the wuhan S as his primary ride. The series is labeled "S" so as to distinguish it from the traditional series...S for shiny. I have heard him play it several times and it is a bright, piercing cymbal. Not needing another ride, I did add the Wuhan 10" splash to my lineup and am very happy with it. For those of you with budgetary constraints, which includes most of us, the Wuhan series can serve you well.
    who?
    "I mean honestly... I don't understand how "boom-click-boom-click-boom-click"evades a drummer...." ~ Kryshah

Gretsch Catalina Club Mod
    Sabian cymbals:
    18 in. AAXplosion crash
    21 in. AA raw bell ride
    16 in. Vault crash
    14 in. AAX stage hats
    Paiste:10 in. metal splash
    Zildjian:zil-bel
    DW 7000 double pedals
    PDP hardware
    EMAD!!!

User Info Menu

I have both. I have 2 traditional and an S series...all 8 inchers. They all sound great and because they are Wuhan...they don't break the bank. Why spend tons of dough for one from the 'big three' when you can get a whole handful of Wuhan's. It's a no-brainer for me dude. Save your money for hats, crashes or rides. Crappy Wuhan splashes (and china's) rule!

User Info Menu

I tried out the Wuhan S cymbals at the local drum shop a few months back, because I had heard that they were a very inexpensive alternative. I didn't like their crashes at all. I play Paiste Signatures, which are very bright sounding, and the Wuhans had a decidedly "gongy" sound to them. Not to my taste, but that's not to say there's anything wrong with them. I didn't try anything smaller than a 16" so I can't comment on the splashes.
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kjbakke2 View Post
    who?

www.billyangelostella.com

Check it out!