Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pearl Eliminator PowerShifter

User Info Menu

Default Pearl Eliminator PowerShifter

Wooohoo!
    I went to Guitar Center on friday to "hopefully" pick up the Iron Cobras I had so desperately longed for and found something that caught my eye a bit more, and was a lot better priced. After extensively trying out the IC models including Rolling Glide and whatnot, I realized that they weren't exactly what I had expected in my fantasies. So naturally I went and played around the store only to find a diamond in the rough, a Pearl Eliminator. I played this thing for at least 15 minutes, changing the four cams and settings, it's a dream. Unfortunately, it had been sold, so I immediately went to eBay when I got home and guess what, there sat an Eliminator with a high bid of $50 ending in just two hours. Long story short, I won, and I can't wait to get this sweet thing.
    I'll post a review once it arrives. Ciao
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Default Re: Pearl Eliminator PowerShifter

HOLA COMO ESTAS 32ndHEARTBEAT*CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST DRUMMER(CAT)*Mi amigo THATS FANTASTIC *I also OWN THE PEARL DOUBLE ELIMINATOR *THEY ARE HOT PEDALS AS the IRONS ARE **HOPE every thing works out GREAT with the PEARLS **GRACIAS WHAT EVER WORKS for The CREATIVE ARTISTIC OPEN MINDED DRUMMER ARTIST IS ALL GREAT **
    Last edited by STICKSWIZZARDDRAGON; 05-12-2008 at 09:01 PM.

User Info Menu

Man, that's awesome! Hopefully it's in good condition.

User Info Menu

Killer, I've tried out those pedals too and actually liked the feel of them a lot better than the Axis that were $300-$400 more than the Pearls, and I didn't even get to try any of the non-standard cams.
    Re-post when you get a chance to tell us what you think of them after playing with them for a while; it might actually help me make my mind up about whether to get these.

User Info Menu

Awesome 32nd!!!!

I owned a pair of Elims last year, when I decided that I really am not meant to play double pedals, but I have to say they were the smoothest pedals I have every used! I darn near kept em just to use as a single pedal, they were that sweet!!

Congrats man!!
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

I have the Pearl Eliminater P-2002C double set and it is as smooth as buttah! It's taken every bit of abuse I have thrown at it and begs for more! I love the fact that there is so much adjustability that you can get it too feel any way you want to. I moved the foot plates all the way back and dropped in the red cams and it has an unbelievable amount of power with very little effort. Well worth the price. I would recommend them to anybody shopping for a new pedal!

Good find 32nd! Your gonna like it!
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Hey- GREAT score.

I paid 500 Aussie for my Dble Eliminators.......worth every single cent.

OK-my experience.......I too have put the RED cams in and have the boards all the way back, personally I have just discovered the sweet spot ( I'm a slow learner ) and it is REALLY REALLY nice.

Lately I practice about 4 hours a week ( and I am still crap - LOL ) and they get a good workout and there are no squeaks or bits falling off - EVER and there a year old.

Enjoy these pedals
    ' Up the Irons '

User Info Menu

That is an excellent buy 32! COngrats, mate. I was tossing up between the eliminators and the cobras for a while and the cobras won the fight. Should be picking them up in the next couple of months. Either way, I dont think you can go wrong.
    I play, Gretsch Catalina Birch, 7 piece in the vintage sunburst finish.

RIP, Frank. You will not be forgotten. Missing you, mate

User Info Menu

I must also say that I switched from the chains to the SUPER SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTH Blue belts and havent looked back.
    ' Up the Irons '

User Info Menu

WOO! I got this baby today and I'm more than satisfied with the product itself, not so much the moron that sold it to me lol. I got the package, eagerly unwrapped it, and found only the pedal, red cam, and beater. The dude specifically featured in the auction that EVERYTHING was included with this product that was on the market. So I'm not too happy about that, I wanted to experiment, but let me tell you this pedal feels sooooooooo nice and so responsive, a big step up from PDP402.
    I got this pedal while anticipating a change from double to single kick playing because I want to be more creative in my style and strengthen my grooves, but now I sure wish I had bought the doubles for the heck of it! lol
    Anyway, excellent pedal, lots of features, great response and swiftness, love it, recommend it, about to go play it. I'll try to post some vids later.

User Info Menu

congrats dude im thinking about buying a double pedal myself

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 32ndHeartBeat View Post
    WOO! I got this baby today and I'm more than satisfied with the product itself, not so much the moron that sold it to me lol. I got the package, eagerly unwrapped it, and found only the pedal, red cam, and beater. The dude specifically featured in the auction that EVERYTHING was included with this product that was on the market. So I'm not too happy about that, I wanted to experiment, but let me tell you this pedal feels sooooooooo nice and so responsive, a big step up from PDP402.
    I got this pedal while anticipating a change from double to single kick playing because I want to be more creative in my style and strengthen my grooves, but now I sure wish I had bought the doubles for the heck of it! lol
    Anyway, excellent pedal, lots of features, great response and swiftness, love it, recommend it, about to go play it. I'll try to post some vids later.
    HOLA COMO ESTAS 32ndHEARTBEAT *CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST (CAT) THATS GREAT *Now your UNIQUE CREATIVE ARTISTRY can JOURNEY within OTHER LEVELS (DIMENSIONS -TEXTURES*
    ACCENTS *DYNAMICS & NEW TECHNIQUES **Mi amigo THE RED CAM is HOT
    ITS too bad all the other (CAMS) did not COME *GRACIAS *

User Info Menu

I've read reviews about the Pearl Eliminators and couldn't quite figure out what the Cams are used for. Please tell me as I am curious. I have had a Speed King for for 44 years and it's still in fine shape. However, five years ago, I talked myself into wanting a new pedal. I liked the DW 5000 and never found a Yamaha that I liked. Nick Marcy of Nick's Drum Studio talked me into the Iron Cobra. I bought the PowerGlide model. I like that it has a hoop adjustment and the fastener is easy to get at and use. The tension mount is very easy to use and I like not having to turn it over and use a screw driver to tighten/loosen the spring tenion like I did with the Speed King. The action is not unlike the Speed King and that is saying a lot for a pedal as old as that. What I really like is that I can "Feather" the bass and really kick it w/o much effort at all. What I don't like is anything that is "High" maintenence and that was the image I had about the Pearl Eliminator and its interchangeable Cams.

User Info Menu

Hey Frank, the cams have different radius shapes which effect how the beater responds to your foot pressure. The chain rolls over the cam and creates a very distinct feel with each one. Some have a short radius that increase the attack power while shortening the amount of pedal travel while others have a longer, wider radius which will produce less power, but you have more control over the amount of attack. Each pedal comes with 4 different cams so you can pick the one that feels the best to you.

As far as maintenance, once you decide which cam you want to use, you just leave it in. They only take a few seconds to swap out and are very easy to change. If anything, these pedals are very low to zero maintenance. Had mine for quite a while now and all I've every done is put a little oil on the chain. All adjustments are easily done with a drum key or allen wrench (provided) and are easy to get to.

I tried these out many times side by side versus Iron Cobras and Axis Longboards before I purchased them. I swapped out the cams a couple times in the store and once I tried them with the red cam, I was hooked! Ground shaking power with just a toe tap! I also like the blue cam for when I'm playing in a laid back situation as I really have a lot of control over the presence and volume of the bass. Check them out if you get a chance to!

Hope that helps a little!
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 1DrumBum View Post
    Hey Frank, the cams have different radius shapes which effect how the beater responds to your foot pressure. The chain rolls over the cam and creates a very distinct feel with each one. Some have a short radius that increase the attack power while shortening the amount of pedal travel while others have a longer, wider radius which will produce less power, but you have more control over the amount of attack. Each pedal comes with 4 different cams so you can pick the one that feels the best to you.

As far as maintenance, once you decide which cam you want to use, you just leave it in. They only take a few seconds to swap out and are very easy to change. If anything, these pedals are very low to zero maintenance. Had mine for quite a while now and all I've every done is put a little oil on the chain. All adjustments are easily done with a drum key or allen wrench (provided) and are easy to get to.

I tried these out many times side by side versus Iron Cobras and Axis Longboards before I purchased them. I swapped out the cams a couple times in the store and once I tried them with the red cam, I was hooked! Ground shaking power with just a toe tap! I also like the blue cam for when I'm playing in a laid back situation as I really have a lot of control over the presence and volume of the bass. Check them out if you get a chance to!

Hope that helps a little!
    HOLA Como Estass 1DRUMBUM *CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST(CAT) EXCELLENT *within the way You expressed(EXPLAINED)the CAMS & SMOOTHNESS *GRACIAS

User Info Menu

Thanks DrumBum...I can see why you and the others are excited by your pedal. I'll take a closer look at one the next time at the Candy store (drum shop).

User Info Menu

the powershifters are awesome..... I have owned all sorts but love the powershifters, totaly underated.. imo

User Info Menu

congrats!! sounds like a good deal
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

Larrysperf Guest

I use the pearl double & love it. For single pedal still love my Ludwig speed king.

User Info Menu

i also got eliminators

User Info Menu

I also play an eliminator (belt drive single) looking to add on the auxillary double conversion set up to it. Anyone know how easy it is to install this thing? does it work as good as a stocker double?? -Les

User Info Menu

hei guys
    I just got this stuff also , 2nd hand
    any tips to set it?
    which part can I set?

User Info Menu

You can set the cams, and move the pedal back depending on how much power you want in your kick.

User Info Menu

I have used the the Elim before in a single....loved it....my next purchase is going to be an Elim Double....can't wait.........then, to learn DB....(sigh)
    ...I am not seeing things as they are....I am seeing things as I am....

User Info Menu

There's always something more to learn, isn't there WP? Of course, I guess that's what make drumming so great - it's a journey, not a destination.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!