Thread: Huge Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

User Info Menu

Default Huge Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

Okay, so my tenor buddy just found out (half-way through auditions week) that he's moving and can't be on the line next year... So I'm seriously upset...not only do we work pretty darn good together, (and he's an awesome person besides) but now I'm gonna have to deal with a newbie on the tenor line- someone that doesnt understand all the hard work and dedication involved in being on the line... BTW, we have a small line- 4 bass, 3 snare, 2 quads... But Ya. Not quite sure why I'm posting this, just not too happy at the moment.........

User Info Menu

Default Re: Huge Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

Yea, that bites. Well maybe you can help the new guy along. Afterall, we were all newbies once. Hang in there bud.

User Info Menu

If you have any Leadership qualities, this is an opportunity for them to come forth and bring the Newbie into the Line.

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Huge Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

Hey, quads, it bites, but like drummer and Frank said, we were all newbies once. If I read your original note correctly, the new dude and you are the only quads in your line...

Have you met your new quad buddy yet? This is a great opportunity for you to show your leadership ability and help the newbie appreciate what he'll need to do to excel in your drumline. I know it's a bummer, but accept it as a challenge and both of you will benefit from it! Hang in there, bro'...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Quads4 , it is a bummer that your buddy has to move ,but listen to what Bongo and Drummer said............you were that newbie at one point in time and now its your turn to pass it forward and teach someone what you know . Good luck .

User Info Menu

I heard that you were up to the challenge of mentoring the newbie, in your original post. I also heard the disappointment of losing a friend, and linemate. I moved a lot when I was growing up, so I understand losing friends because of a move. My advice is to find a way to keep in touch with your friend. It's much easier today, with all the technology, than it was in my day.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I heard that you were up to the challenge of mentoring the newbie, in your original post. I also heard the disappointment of losing a friend, and linemate. I moved a lot when I was growing up, so I understand losing friends because of a move. My advice is to find a way to keep in touch with your friend. It's much easier today, with all the technology, than it was in my day.
    You're talking about the post office and stamps , not the pony express , right ?............

User Info Menu

All kidding aside , PB is correct . With the internet it is so easy to keep in touch , not like when we were in our teens and you had to mail something and wait 3-4 days for it to get where it was going .

Maybe you could also spend a weeks vacation during the summer where hes at and who knows , you may find out it could be an area you would like to move to when you graduate .

User Info Menu

First of all, thanks for all the encouragement. I dont know yet who the newbie will be...they're still thinking about it...but there are 3 possibilities. They all have potential, but idk yet who's the best.

And ya. Definitely gonna stay in touch but still gonna miss my tenor buddy. It was perfect last year-I was between my good friend (him) and my boyfriend (a snare). It was awesome! (btw, for those of you wondering I'm a girl so thats how the whole bf thing works)

I'm kinda getting used to the idea and kinda even enjoying teaching the 3 potential newbies. It'll take time, but it'll all work out. They're actually thinking about cutting back the line to either 2 snares 2 tenors, or keeping the 3 snares and then I'd be the only tenor, so that's gonna be interesting....
    Last edited by quads4life; 05-16-2008 at 04:20 PM.

User Info Menu

!!!!! Awesome news!!! So apparently the moving plans have been postponed...so no more newbie crisis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Can ya tell I'm happy???)

User Info Menu

lol quads.........it was just meant to be........congrats