Thread: Pearl FFX Series Marching Snare Drum

User Info Menu

Cool Pearl FFX Series Marching Snare Drum

im thinkin about getting a Pearl FFX Series Marching Snare Drum.i've heard alot of good things about them.the way they sound in drumline is awesome.i will replace the top head with a remo black max head.i will also replace the snare side head with a clear remo ambassador head.

can annyone leave me sum tips on this drum and how to tune it!!!!!!!!!!

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User Info Menu

Unhappy Re: Pearl FFX Series Marching Snare Drum

come on people i need help

User Info Menu

Default Re: Pearl FFX Series Marching Snare Drum

Well if you need a fast answer, I have never played or tried to tune one so I don't believe I'm technically qualified to give you good advice.

What are you getting it for?

If you need tuning advice there are quite a few places on the internet that guide you step by step through the process. Everyone has their own preference on how the drum is supposed to sound and if I was to tune it for you, you might not like the sound due to our different taste.

First thing I'd recommend, is to get the drum and see how it sounds without changing anything. If you buy it from a shop, ask them to tune it and see what you think. Lastly, you are going to be the true judge of how it sounds once it's tuned and you might find that it won't need any tuning. You also might find that you may need to attempt tuning it on your own to get the desired tune you are looking for.

Good luck with whatever transpires and please share pictures when can.

Signature here