Thread: ZHT effects..

User Info Menu

Default ZHT effects..

What's good, bad and ugly with this pack....??? I was just browsing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

Default Re: ZHT effects..

Other than they are for sound effects only, I would have no idea.

User Info Menu

The Good: They are a step up from the ZBT beginner cymbals (which are a step up from the trash can lids that come with beginner kits). Some people like the sound enough to keep them on their kits, while others use them on their practice kits.

The Bad: They aren't high end cymbals, but then they also don't come with the hig end price. In the end, though, when compared with quality cymbals there will definitely be a noticeable difference.

The Ugly: Because they aren't trash can lid cymbals, I can't think of an ugly!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I agree with PB , the good part is they are Zildjian , the bad part is they arent the top shelf item , but if you like their sound , then thats what really counts .

I have been looking at an EFX , and wanting one for a while but dont want to drop 200 bucks on it right now .

User Info Menu

Thanks! I have the ZBT's. I really want to upgrade, but $700 is a little out of range, now. Any preference on A custom??

User Info Menu

I was looking at an A custom , 16 " EFX........listed for $239.

I was on the Zildjian web-site , they have a link to listen to what they sound like , if you have the time to sit and play around for a little bit , pretty cool site .

User Info Menu

Cool. I will do that! Thanks.

User Info Menu

Actually, the 18" ZHT china sounds suprisingly pretty good. For the money I might consider one myself.
    Sonor, Zildjian, Remo, DW and Vater

User Info Menu

That's one rad looking cymbal. I'm gonna have to look into these ZHTs.
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

The ZHT's are actually pretty good, well they were for me

Their concidered "semi-pro" that means for me at least, gig worthy, but not recording worthy

Their 12% tin, meaning their closer to the cast cymbal sound then ZBT's, and they seem to be pretty solid

Of course, I put a couple of cracks in my 14 in fast crash, but I was beating the bloody hell out of it, with a bad technique, so I cant really judge

Their a good budget cymbal, a good gigworthy cymbal, and they dont sound bad for the money

But, you can spend, literally a couple dollars more, get the same thing from sabian, wait, it might be about the same since prices on zildjian have risen, but, a starter pack for ZHT's were around 350$, Xs20 was 400$

The XS20 line, look into them, cast cymbals, that arnt given the full love of the higher end cast cymbals, but they sound great, their also "semi-pro" but nicer on the recording ears, they should be around the same price

Oh and their 20% 80% copper, which is the same as most professional cymbals

User Info Menu

the 10" ZHT splash is pretty good