Thread: marching snare case

User Info Menu

Cool marching snare case

im thinkin about gettin a Pearl Marching Snare Drum Case Without Foam
    for my new pearl ffx series marching snare drum.i just want to know how good this case is.i want to be able 2 protect my drum.im thinkin about putting foam in it for extra protection

User Info Menu

Default Re: marching snare case

I don't know about the Pearl case but I've got some inexpensive Road Runner hard plastic cases that don't have foam (or any other type of lining). They protect the drums pretty well, but to keep the drum from rubbing on the hard plastic I just line the case with an old bath towel, set the drum in and fold the towel over the top. This will be cheaper than foam, and works just fine.
    Gretsch Catalina Birch 6 piece fusion set (10,12,14,16in. Toms, 22 Bass). Sabian 20" HH Classic Ride, 16" Istanbul Agop Dark Crash, & Zildian K 13" Hi-hats.

User Info Menu

Unless your looking for cosmetic protection, anything that will seriously harm that snare, the case wont matter, but if your looking for cosmetic protection, make sure you line it well, and try keeping your snare wrapped, but something like the drum being dropped, the case isnt nessicarily gonna help you, itll just contain the fall, it wont really protect from it

Ive noted that cases are more just for carrying, and light protection, mostly cosmetic

User Info Menu

I think this is completely up to whether or not you care if you get a nik or two on your drum. Personally, I can be a baby when it comes to a scratch lol. Just my quick opinion.

User Info Menu

Lildrummerchick, is there a reason that you would buy a case without foam, and then install your own foam?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

because its a very good lookin case.the other ones just dont do it for me

User Info Menu

Wait, your buyying the case for the way it looks?

....why?

User Info Menu

Hey, if it protects, and looks good.......but just remember, as Ch33zz pointed out, looking good should be secondary to protecting the drums.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

my line has these plastic boxes, no foam. they protect enough, could be better but w/e.

User Info Menu

Lol our line doesn't even have tenor cases...just snare and bass. I guess it's cuz they have a perfect little space in the band trailer, but it'd still be nice to have cases...

User Info Menu

yes,the hard plastic cases will definitely protect the drum.....it is also great it you travel alot.....but in my opinion it is not worth buying if your just gona drum at home.
    Got Chops?
    Freshman:Bass 3(Marching Band)
    Bass 2(Winter Drumline)[Bass Captain]

User Info Menu

if you really need the case go for it but if you are buying it for looks and not as much for protection then you might want to rethink why you want the case. I personally don't think you would need one for drumming at home. unless you are OCD about scratches