Thread: One handed Buzz Rolls?

User Info Menu

Default One handed Buzz Rolls?

How are they possible? Id love to be able to do them and wondered if anyone here can sustain them for a long time. Is there a special technique?

1DrJoy Guest

Default Re: One handed Buzz Rolls?

I saw Ian Paice on video doing one and it looks like he uses the rim of the snare to bounce the stick off of..... not sure tho.

User Info Menu

Push and pull, maybe.
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

yes, i can do it. i press against the rim like a death metal gravity blast and just buzz it out.

User Info Menu

It's not technically a buzz roll as a buzz roll works off of multiple strokes in each hand. It's based on the up and down stroke (or freehand stroke) that Johnny Rabb elequently explains here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hw4vMV3EnRw&feature=related

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain View Post
    yes, i can do it. i press against the rim like a death metal gravity blast and just buzz it out.
    HOLA COMO ESTAS FUNKYMCSTAIN *CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST(CAT) THATS A FACT*within THIS (TECHNIQUE) *GRACIAS
    AS I use this TECHNIQUE ALOT ***WITH BOTH HANDS *& NOT A MATCH GRIP*TRADITIONAL**ITS ALL GREAT What ever works for the CREAIVE OPEN MINDED DRUMMER ARTIST**within their ARTISTIC JOURNEYS***

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ethel_The_Frog View Post
    Push and pull, maybe.
    HOLA COMO ESTAS ETHEL_THE_FROG *CREATIVE ARTISTIC
    DRUMMER ARTIST (CAT) YES THIS TECHNIQUE CAN be PERFORMED
    VERY FAST & with amazing CONTROL AS within the (TECHNIQUE ) THE CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST CAN PERFORM VERY SMOOTH *CLEAN **ONE HANDED PRESS-ROLLS (BUZZ-ROLLS) & EVEN (MORE) CREATIVE (TECHNIQUES)I know AS I use THIS TECHNIQUE WITHIN ALOT OF My OWN UNIQUE ARTISTRY (TECHNIQUES)*ITS ALL GREAT WHAT EVER WORKS FOR THE CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST *within their OWN UNIQUE ARTISTRY(JOURNEYS) GRACIAS

User Info Menu

Well the gravity blast is based off Rabb's freehand technique, so I think that's the way to go. Thanks for the link man!
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47