Thread: Jingle Sticks

User Info Menu

Default Jingle Sticks

So who here has a jingle stick or handbourine they use ?

What brand or type and how do you like it ?

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Jingle Sticks

Funny you'd mention this one, GF, since I've been trying to figure out how to play tambourine and congas at the same time on a song Quantum Fizz is working on...a cover of the Bobby Fuller Four's "I Fought the Law (and the Law Won)" in which I've strapped a tambourine to my right thigh and tried to strike the conga head and the tambourine at the same time...doesn't always work.

The tambourine I use is a plastic, 10" headless LP tambourine. If there's a way to make jingle sticks work, I'd try those instead, since the tambourine flips and flops around as I play, which is very painful (and doesn't do much for the sound!) If I was playin' the kit, a Hat Trick would be perfect but this is a blend of bongos and congas on this arrangement...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Default Re: Jingle Sticks

Bongo,

Have you tried a foot pedal and bracket for the tambourine? something like this perhaps, but with a tambourine instead of a cowbell?

---- If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum. - chinese proverb

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Jingle Sticks

might have to go that route...see my "What pedal would YOU buy?" thread...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

bongo you could put the tamborine on the floor and play it with your foot.

and i use a rythm tech half circul mounted on my hats, i found the hat trick didnt give the response i wanted but the tamborine was perfect.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

B-Bro , I saw a guy play with the tambourine strapped to his lleft ankle and play . Sounded pretty good , just a couple pieces of tape and he was good to go .

Ive been lookin at getting a jingle stick and now see Regal makes a nice hickory hansbourine , Think Im gonna get myself one .

Drummerdavie , I have one of them too and use it all the time .