Thread: Has Anyone Ever Heard Of A Royce Drumset?

User Info Menu

Default Has Anyone Ever Heard Of A Royce Drumset?

Hello Everyone,

As this is my first post here, I hope I'm not posting this question in the wrong section of the forums. Please forgive me if I have.

Recently a friend of a friend passed away and his sister is selling his drumset. This drumset is called a "Royce" and is rather old. I have not seen it as of yet, however the kit has been offered to me for around a 100 Dollars U.S.. Before making a commitment to purchase this kit, I was wondering if any of you have ever heard of this "Off-Brand" and if you could advise me if this is worth it.

I'm looking to pick up another acoustic kit and for this kind of price, the hardware alone may be worth it.

I would just like to know if it's junk or if Royce ever made any good kits. Any help regarding this question would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks In Advance

JAG
    Don't take life to seriously...you'll never get out alive.

User Info Menu

Hi I'm new too. The Royce Drumset is not a good quality brand but check to see if the screws are stripped out on it. If not it may be a good deal for a hundred dollars. Like you said, you can use it for parts.
    Drummer Chicks Rule

User Info Menu

meh...I do agree with you but I also am a pretty firm believer that "you get what you pay for...so stop d*ckin around and just buy it right"...
    basically saying youll save yourself trouble if you put the right amount of money down on it the first time.

User Info Menu

unfortunatly for some that is not an option

User Info Menu

Thanks so much for the replies.

I appreciate the feedback and I fully agree LucidDrummer....you DO get what you pay for. After reading Drums Drums Drums warning over the screws etc. I think I'll pass on this ?Great? offer. The last thing I need is more crap loading up my living room.

Just for the record, I do have my old Ludwig which has served me well over the years. In addition, I have also added a Roland TD20 kit with it (flames ignored), so other then having some spare parts and a few extra stands, having the "Royce" sitting around collecting dust and spider webs just isn't worth it.

I really do appreciate the feedback.

Thanks folks, and yeah, Drummer Chicks DO Rule!

JAG
    Don't take life to seriously...you'll never get out alive.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAG
    Thanks folks, and yeah, Drummer Chicks DO Rule!
    I have to say I agree. Ha-ha
    Drummer Chicks Rule