Thread: Stand question

User Info Menu

Default Stand question

Hi all.........just received a gift of a "cymbol stand".......it ain't for a cymbol....
    it is 3 legged with double bracing with an ajustable center rod that ends in an adjustable "turn buckle"...the end of the turnbuckle is approx 4" square "C" channel with an adjustable disc that clamps something inside the "C" channel..........sorry no pics.....assume is to hold some sort of racking???

thought it might work to secure a pair of bongo drums
    cheers
    Gerry

User Info Menu

Default Re: Stand question

Do you know where they got it? Maybe you can just swap it out. Or send it to Bongo Bro. LOL

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RIFF WRATH View Post
    Hi all.........just received a gift of a "cymbol stand".......it ain't for a cymbol....
    it is 3 legged with double bracing with an ajustable center rod that ends in an adjustable "turn buckle"...the end of the turnbuckle is approx 4" square "C" channel with an adjustable disc that clamps something inside the "C" channel..........sorry no pics.....assume is to hold some sort of racking???

thought it might work to secure a pair of bongo drums
    cheers
    Gerry
    does it look something like this bongo stand?

User Info Menu

A bongo stand is what I was thinking as well!

User Info Menu

slightly different clamping system...but by gumption....a bongo stand it is.......got one of the bongo's done.......thick goatskin and man what an awesome sound.....the second one is giving me problems.......now I have a stand, it's incentive to continue
    thanks
    and all the best
    Gerry