Thread: Annoying Fingermarks

User Info Menu

Default Annoying Fingermarks

Sorry if this has been asked before. My cymbals arnt really very dirty but have irritating finger marks on them. Does anyone have any idea as to how to get rid of them. Should i polish the cymbals, wash them or something else?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Annoying Fingermarks

Why don't you try wearing some type of gloves? Or do you also get them when doing cymbal chokes?
    Gretsch219
    “The doctor listens in with a stethoscope and hears sounds of a warpath Indian drum.”

User Info Menu

I take care of finger prints with Sabian cymbal cleaner that comes in a spray bottle. just take a rag a spray a little cleaner on the cymbal and wipe off, works great!

User Info Menu

Hey Stan , just be careful when cleaning . Depending on what you're cleaning them with may remove the logo off the cymbals .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by backtodrum View Post
    I take care of finger prints with Sabian cymbal cleaner that comes in a spray bottle. just take a rag a spray a little cleaner on the cymbal and wipe off, works great!
    HOLA COMO ESTAS BACKTODRUM **CREATIVE ARTISTIC ARTIST DRUMMER(CAT) GRACIAS FOR THE INFO *KNOWLEDGE *

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
    Hey Stan , just be careful when cleaning . Depending on what you're cleaning them with may remove the logo off the cymbals .
    HOLA COMO ESTAS GONEFISHIN *CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER
    ARTIST(CAT) THATS GREAT ADVICE *LOVE IT **GRACIAS

User Info Menu

Brilliant finish cymbals especially attract alot of fingerprints, but the advice above is good, a mild cleaner and a rag should do the trick. Try using a more natural cleaner and avoid using anything with harsh chemicals.
    Last edited by jrock; 05-24-2008 at 02:32 PM.
    Sonor, Zildjian, Remo, DW and Vater

User Info Menu

The Sabian cleaner I use ia for my brilliant finish A customs and it doesn't strip the logo's but I have never really scrubbed that area.

User Info Menu

I actually spray mine with Windex and wipe it off thoroughly, and it seems to work pretty well.
    Gretsch Catalina Birch 6 piece fusion set (10,12,14,16in. Toms, 22 Bass). Sabian 20" HH Classic Ride, 16" Istanbul Agop Dark Crash, & Zildian K 13" Hi-hats.

User Info Menu

I'll log in for the counter point here -- I do not clean my cymbals. I use Eagle 1 nano wax on my drums, and leave the cymbals alone. Some people (like me) prefer to let their cymbals age naturally, so I don't touch them, other than to dust off the cymbals on my practice kit with a soft microfiber cloth.
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.