Thread: Help

User Info Menu

Question Help

I just went from dw5000 to dw9000 double pedals. I love the 9000s! They are faster and smoother. I have a problem though. When I go for a power double (L,R) where I take my feet completely off the pedals to get all the force i can, The back of the pedals are hitting the bone on top of my foot really hard when I leave the pedals. How do I correct that with these pedals? The 5000s never did it?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Help

Wear steel toe boots!

User Info Menu

Then I could play slow like u?

User Info Menu

Timfresh, what have you done to try to adjust the tension, or the beater angle?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

Drum Bum: Gifts for Drummers

Cool Drummer T-shirts and Drum Accessories!

User Info Menu

At this point. nothing. I want to keep the feel I have now. I just don't want them to come back so far. They come all the way up until the pedal hits the bottom of the cam?

User Info Menu

I've never used the DW's nor do I play double pedal but, the same thing can happen with a single pedal. I had a slight problem with the same thing when I first began using my Iron Cobra PowerGlide. I learned how to use the axle bar to shorten the stroke just a bit so that the beater wouldn't rebound so far back and hit my foot. I would think that your 9000's would have a similar adjustment.

User Info Menu

Thanks. I'll figure out how to shorten the stroke!